Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, November 1

Trick or Treat

Yesterday was a pretty laid back, rest up and recover day (even for those of us that didn't drink at the party!). The Vikings were their normal disappointing selves, but Finn was in heaven watching his favorite team.

After the game, probably around 6:15pm, Jim and I took Finn, or rather Elmo, trick or treating. This really was his first time, as last year, we went with Austin, but Finn/Spock stayed in the stroller the whole time.
We put Elmo in the wagon and went down our street. I don't think Finn really "got" it, but sure liked getting candy. He would take it out of his basket between houses and sort it in the wagon (or try to eat it with the wrapper still on)! We probably went to 6 or 7 houses and figured that was enough for Finn. It isn't like he needs a basket full of candy or anything and while the weather was actually decent, it got a little chilly toward the end.
Finn got to eat two pieces (one while in the wagon and one when we got home...oh, I guess three as Jim gave him one JUST before bed, too!) and then was perfectly fine with putting it away. What a good boy. The three of us all had a very fun time.

Well, as of 3am this morning, my amniotic fluid has officially stayed inside me longer than it did with Finn's pregnancy. I am 24 wks 3 days, which is the day my water broke when I was pregnant with Finn. It boggles my mind to really stop and think about that. I'm feeling good and fingers are crossed. Mentally and emotionally I thought I'd be more upset today, but so far, so good...but it is still early.

No comments: