Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, November 8

Those darn ears

After several days of Finn having a low grade fever, occasional diarrhea and extra whining and pulling on his ears, Jim asked if I could just take Finn in to see if the ear infections had cleared up or not (he'd been off antibiotics for a week). We were able to get in today (yay!) and the left ear with the tube looked fine but the right ear where the tube has come out was still infected. That means Finn is back on antibiotics for the next 10 days, but a little stronger one than last time. Walgreens was a fiasco trying to get his prescription filled so after over 45 minutes of waiting (when I was told it would be ten), we left without the prescription. Argh. I know I'm pregnant and probably easily annoyed, but seriously...all they have to do is fill prescriptions and they can't even get that right! Now I have to pack Finn back up after his nap and head back over there because I really want him to start the medicine today if possible.

Yesterday was a nice day. After going to church as a family (again...yay!) we headed up to Rogers to my aunt Karen's. Both my cousins, Michael and John, were home visiting so we got to see both of them with one visit. Oh, and watch the Vikings game ;) Finally, a win! Jim left this morning for an over night trip to Chicago. Now that I'm 25 weeks, his goal is to only take over night trips as needed. My friend Stacey is coming over to keep me company tonight. Yay...girl time!

2 comments:

kborn said...

yeck! Finn--what's the deal-yo??
Yes, I would've probably blown a gasket too at Walgreens...of course maybe having 2 kids there would've caused me to be psycho-cotic too?? We missed you at the zoo. Q's been asking about the museum...interested for early next week??

Stacy Thomas said...

I really wanted to go to the zoo, too. I don't think Finn has ever been (other than the conservatory at Como).

I decided I'm switching to Target because then Jim can pick it up on his way home from work (as long as he is in town!). Walgreens even called me back and appologized, but too little, too late. Oh, well.