Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 6

Things that make you go Hmmm...

A new cute thing I've noticed Finn doing lately is when he is trying to figure something out, he'll say, "Hmmm..." until he figures it out or asks for help. Today he even had his finger by his mouth, like he was thinking. It is super adorable. I hope I can catch it on video some time.

I had my OB visit on Thursday, which was a little disappointing. I was hoping she'd be a little more proactive but she didn't even do a physical check of my cervix, which I thought was weird given my situation. She said they don't do the fetal fibronectin test unless there are symptoms that warrant it, which I'm (thankfully!) not having any right now. So, unless things change, I go back in two weeks for my gestational diabetes test and for my next OB visit. I guess no news is good news. On a positive pregnancy note, my headaches seems to be gone or very infrequent! I still drink one coke every few days, but I haven't had to take any meds for headaches for a couple weeks, I think. Yay! Now let's just hope this trend continues.

Last night, Finn and I met Becky, Renae, Kristine, Austin and eventually Pete at David's Bridal to try on bridesmaid dresses! Of course, they made big fat preggo try dresses on (a size 16, thank you very big!) because there could potentially be one or more pregnant bridesmaids at the wedding. We found three that we really liked and with a little altering would work for preggo bellies. I'm sure it was because Austin and Pete were there, but Finn was actually GOOD! I'd brought some stuff for him to snack on and keep him busy, but he didn't need it. He loved climbing up and down from the raised platform...which Pete taught him to do head first! Thanks ;) And to top the night off, Grandma came for a quick visit before he had to go to bed. I'd say that was a perfect day in Finn's book!

2 comments:

kborn said...

...if you think you're big now....i was in a wedding very preggo in a non-preggo dress, so that's nice to be proactive. lots of babies to be in the family, huh?

:-) so exciting that you're doing well!! we continue to think and pray for you. we've been teaching q about praying and if you think the "hmmmmm" is cute (i remember that phase!!) -- just wait until he gets to praying!!! adorable!

Stacy Thomas said...

It isn't that I think I'm huge right now (I'm obviously hoping for a lot bigger!!), but when you're trying on dresses with a size 2 and size 4 and you are trying on 4 or 5 sizes bigger than you're used to, I just felt fat. Just hoping to get rid of the baby weight by July ;)

Finn sometimes says "amen" after we pray at meals and I think that is cute. Can't imagine how cute actual praying will be!