Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, November 3

Molasses cookies...yum

Okay, I'm going to come clean before Jim tattles on me. DeAnn, I bought a package of molasses cookies last night with the strict pledge to only eat one per day. I promise...unless I get really hungry ;) There is a loose theory running through the Thomas family that I MAY have eaten more molasses cookies (and venison jerky!) than I should have the day before my water broke with Finn. I realize is a very weird combination, BUT I was pregnant and they are both so good! So, just to be safe, I'm banned from molasses cookies this Christmas season (which is near torture...where are my protected unalienable rights?!?). There are only ten in the package, so hopefully I can resist having too many at once! Of course, Kelsie is happy because now SHE gets to eat all the molasses cookies ;)

Finn was a rock start at EI PT yesterday. We worked on going back and forth from a chair to the couch. We did this last week and he had a hard time. This week, he kind of worked his momentum up and just did it...several times! And even took a step once or twice while going between! It just amazes me how much he learns and changes each week. Now knowing that he WILL be walking before long, I'm really enjoying this stage he is in because he seems to be learning and adapting so much. I mentioned Finn's intermittent stuttering to his development teacher and she said it is extremely common at this age because they know they want to say something, but the words aren't always there (probably exacerbated by Finn's early and extensive vocabulary). No worries yet...just patience when he can't get a word out (okay, it is kind of cute, now that I know it is normal!).

My shot went well yesterday (other than the nurse not putting a band aid on and bleeding on one of my two favorite pants! Argh). I talked with her about my concerns and frustrations about the perinatologists and what not. She is so understanding and compassionate. I'm glad I get to see her every week. Next OB visit is on Thurs. Hope all is well (I feel good, so it should be)!

Jim, Finn and I walked to the polling place last night to vote (Finn stole my sticker, so apparently he got to vote, too!). There wasn't a line, so we were in and out. I do have to voice my extreme discontent that you don't have to show ID when voting. I mean, what's stopping people from voting for others? Seems irresponsible and foolhardy. But maybe it's just me. Anyway, Finn loved the outside time (as it gets colder, I'm not so good about making sure he gets outside as much as he probably should!). And then we walked to the neighborhood grocery store later. Two walks in one day?!?! Unheard of! I have to say, I was pretty tired by the time we got back from walk #2. Hey, you try walking around with 20 extra pounds...not so easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay mental telepathy at work; I was in downtown Ortonville today thinking about you eating molasses cookies and venison pepper sticks--grateful that you hadn't. Probably the thoughts came as we took more deer meat in today to have some pepper sticks made. I suspect the progesterone will offset any effect from minimal intake of molasses cookies. So, I won't scold too much. Plus in my current state of affairs with my knee (or lack there of), I will not be making cookies until after my surgery and recovery which happens to be very near your due date. Funny how things work out right?? I promise you a batch when I can make them and I deem it safe for you to eat as many as you want.
Miss you all. We will be in town this weekend moving back into our remodeled townhouse. If you want to come have a look or help that would be great as I am going to be worthless with my current handicaps. 27 days and counting to my new knee.
Love you all
DeAnn (NENE)

Anonymous said...

P.S.
thanks for doing this blog Stacy. I check several times per day and since I am out of the loop currently I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to keep up with how all of you are doing.
DeAnn

Kelsie said...

That makes me very happy!! :) Hopefully they're fat free this year.....I'm getting enough on me to seriously start thinking about hibernating instead!!!

OK!! I wrote that while DeAnn was writing her completely upsetting news about NO MOLASSES COOKIES?!?!?!?! oh dear..... guess I'm gonna learn how to make molasses cookies!

Stacy Thomas said...

Yum, can't wait for molasses cookies, even if I have to wait until Feb! I'm so excited you are moving back into your house and to see all the changes. I'm sure we can help and by we, I mean Jim! Let us know what your plans end up being. I'm glad you like the blog. Sometimes I wonder if people really read it or want regular updates, but if not, they don't have to read it, right? Ha, ha. Kelsie, I'm sure DeAnn will hand over the recipe as long as you promise not to give any to me ;)