Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 16

J-J-J-Jaded

Yesterday Finn and I went to Preemie class. Only one more left for this session :( Finn painted for the first time, so of course, I had to grab my camera.
They were using cars and trucks as the paint brushes, so that really interested him. As always, once he got his fingers dirty, he was very concerned about that! I thought the paint smock was so cute because it was longer than he was tall!

During parent time, we discussed feelings surrounding the birth of our premature babies which lead into having subsequent children (two of the four of us are pregnant). They were super supportive with everything that has gone on in the last three weeks or so with me and my care. Of course, they suggested switching to a high-risk OB, but I just don't know if it is worth the hassle at this point. I know that sounds terrible, but I do feel good and I don't know what else can be done (my doctor has jaded me, I think!). I did leave a message with my perinatologist this morning and asked for a recommendation. Then we'll see.

Our furnace has been on the fritz. It wasn't working Saturday, so we did a few things with it ourselves and left it off over night to hopefully reset (nobody was home). We turned it back on Sunday morning and it STILL didn't work. So I found the number of somebody on Craig's list and he came around 3pm and replaced the pressure sensor. It worked great Sunday night and Monday morning. But then stopped working late Monday morning. He wasn't able to come back until 8pm last night (it only got down to 67 degrees, which is tolerable). He had set the pressure sensor incorrectly, so he adjusted it and it has been working every since. Yay! I hate worrying about stuff like that.

1 comment:

kborn said...

no heat is no fun.
even though vince's pregnancy was fairly normal, my 13 week woes made me not want to do much the rest of the time. i can only imagine having quinn early and what that would've done to my nerves and lifestyle.
glad you're still feeling good---you're feeling good right?