Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 18

It's a small world

The perinatologist recommended two OB practices that deliver at both North Robbinsdale and North Maple Grove hospitals. I looked at both of their websites, but now Jim and I are wondering if it is "worth it" to switch at this point. I would feel better, I think, but how much interaction am I really going to have with my doctor from this poing going forward?!?! I hate making decisions.

And our furnace went out AGAIN! The guy came back last night while I was at class and found it was another part that wasn't working. He is going to order it. In the meantime, every time it goes out, we have to go out to the furnace and wiggle a part until it turns on. Fun ;)

We had our last fall ECFE class yesterday. One of the regular moms was missing because her son started napping at 11:30...class starts at 11:15!
I really liked the group, so I'm sad to move on, but all the other kids are staying in that age group and Finn is moving up. Maybe. I have a call into the offices to see the age ranges of the other kids for the older group. Waiting to hear back. I made banana bread for class and gave the extra one to Jim to take to the office. Everybody raved (the recipe is on my recipe page!).

PT was VERY good today (much different than last week). Finn took as many as EIGHT unassisted steps (the most he has done to date) and consistently took three unassisted steps at a time. I told his PT it was too bad the world wasn't smaller and he only had to take three steps all the time...then we could say he is walking! Ha. Also, because he is progressing so much and really has to work on balance on his own, we are now moving to every other week for PT at Gillette. I obviously love their help every week, but it will be nice to have ONE morning every other week available to do other things. I forgot my camera, so no pictures/video this week. I'll be sure to bring it to the next appointment on 12/2, as I think he might take off (he tried running unassisted today...you can guess how that turned out)!

I had my third (of four) cake decorating class last night. We focused on decorating cupcakes.
While the results weren't as spectacular as last week (the fish cake), the techniques were actually a lot harder. Before class each week, I look at the lesson plan and think,  "there is no way I can do that." And by the end of class, I usually can (although my stuff NEVER looks as good as the instructors!). Uncle John was here when I got back, so he got to sample the cupcakes (chocolate with raspberry filling...and I filled them myself!) AND bring the rest home (Jim doesn't eat that stuff and preggo here doesn't need the extra sugar!).

No comments: