Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 30

I finally did it

Keeping in mind that we have been listening to Christmas music in the car for a couple of weeks, Finn can sing Jingle Bells. He sings it any time, anywhere with little prompting. It is too cute. He only knows, "Jingle bells; Jingle bells; Jingle all way" but that counts in my book. He also likes to listen to Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, but hasn't quite figured that one out yet. Last night, Jim dug out Frosty the Snowman movie and Finn sat stone still and watched 90% of it! I couldn't believe it, but he is mildly obsessed with snowmen right now, so I'm sure that was part of it. Have I mentioned yet how much I'm loving sharing this Christmas season with Finn? It is totally different and magical when you see it through your child's eyes.

I finally did it. Upon a recommendation from another mom of a preemie who is also pregnant with her second, I contacted a new OB yesterday AND had an appointment this morning already! I wasn't able to get in to see her OB, but it was at the same practice. The appointment was almost 2 hours long, but luckily, Jim was able to stay home with Finn (and work with the EI ladies without me!), so I went by myself. I love the doctor I met with. She was very informative and understanding and listened to my concerns (novel concept for a doctor!). As I'm sure all of you already were thinking, I should have made this move a long time ago. The new plan of "attack" is to continue with the weekly hormone shots and to do FFN (fetal fibronectin) tests every two weeks along with my two week OB visits. These test should tell us if I'm going to go into preterm labor within the next two weeks and if so, we will act accordingly. I feel like at least there is a plan and she didn't just tell me to "relax and stop worrying" like I've been told before. Feeling very good and very positive!

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! :)

kborn said...

:) Little things to keep your mind at as much ease as can be...because once there are two--life is crazy! As you could probably tell from your visit the other day. :) But it's worth it---right?? :-)