Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 2

Hey, Maytag man!

I got through yesterday with a little bit of emotions, but nothing too severe. I had wonderful friends around and support, which always makes something difficult more easy. Next milestone (beside every day, of course!) is next Thursday: my delivery date with Finn. The countdown is on and after that, it is just gravy!

Finn and I headed to Preemie class yesterday morning (probably the best place for me to get support about preterm labor!). They had to combine two classes due to some aids being gone, which I didn't like that too much, but it was good to talk to the regular preemie moms and Karen, our teacher. The sad thing is that I found out they are canceling our Preemie class! I don't know if it is just for the winter or if it is for good. They had just found out before class, so hopefully we'll know more in the next week or two. BOO!

Right from there , Finn and I headed to Eagle's Nest in New Brighton for our ECFE playgroup. First of all, I'd never been there before but it was PERFECT for the kids. We planned to be there for two hours and I think we finally left after 2 1/2 hours and then only because Finn really needed a nap since he was going nonstop since 8:30! Second, we had a great turnout and I just love catching up with this group of moms and the kids are so much fun to watch. Since we only meet once a month now, the kids get so big between play groups! They are all excited for our baby to come and gave a lot of support yesterday. It was nice.

The dishwasher repair man came today...finally! It only took me 5 months to call and get it scheduled. Oops. He thinks the problem was due to using the wrong kind of soap (not supposed to use the "brick" kind in our dishwasher...um, would have been nice if the sales person had mentioned that when we bought it!). He ordered a new dispenser just to be safe and a new piece that had cracked on the top rack. Yay! By next Tuesday, I should (hopefully!) have a fully functioning dishwasher again :)

I should probably start thinking about taking my wedding rings off at some point before I CAN'T get them off! I just know I'll feel so bare without them.

1 comment:

kborn said...

Still can't wear either of mine....it's been MONTHS. I wore them the other day and got really bad rashes and red marks and had a hard time getting them off. :(