Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 13

Finn-less

Thursday, I told Finn I was going to leave him at PT until he started walking! First of all, he was very stubborn and wouldn't even STAND for Melissa. She is using him as a case study for a conference she is presenting at and needed to "test" him on a few things. Argh! Second, we all know that for all points and purposes, he probably CAN walk and just chooses not to. He will be that kid who just gets up and walks across the room one day. Needless to say, I did take him home with me, but he is lucky Grandma was there or he might have needed a sleeping bag ;)

Yesterday, auntie NaeNae came with me to my OB appointment while Jim opted to stay home with a napping Finn. It was my gestational diabetes test, which wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The liquid at least...when I was done drinking, it made me nauseous. Not sure when the results are expected back. Overall, I'm just very disappointed with my Dr's care. She told me that now that I passed Finn's delivery date that maybe now I can just relax and enjoy my NORMAL pregnancy! Um, nobody told me that all I had to do was "pass Finn's delivery date!" What is wrong with some people! Yes, I'm trying to just breathe and take each day as it comes because I'm happy we got further than we did with Finn, but my feelings are still valid and should at least be acknowledged.

After the appt, Renae and I went to the Wedding Chapel with Becky, Austin, Kristine, Grace and my mom so Becky could buy her wedding dress! Yay. It is so beautiful. One more thing off her To Do list. And then Renae took Finn with her over to Becky's where he stayed over night, then Becky is dropping him off with Kristine this afternoon and he is staying over night at Kristine's tonight. Busy boy...I feel a little guilty being away from him for so long, but he'll have the time of his life I'm sure and we have birthing class all day today and a function for Jim's work tonight, both of which Finn obviously can't attend.

Since we were Finn-less, Jim and I took advantage of the rare opportunity and went to a movie last night. We decided on Due Date, which was really funny (Jim enjoyed it a little more than I did...probably because of the crude factor!). I just enjoyed the time out with my wonderful husband.

Happy baptism day to Vincent! We are sad we can't make it, but will be thinking of you :) Hope to celebrate with you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Stacy,

I am so sorry to hear about your last MD visit. Nothing makes me more sad than to hear about providers discounting patients feelings and fears. I can tell you it only takes one trip to the other side as a provider to understand how important the emotional aspects are. Just because you made it past Finn's gestational age at birth, does not mean all of those fears and emotions majically disappear. Furthermore, risks are risks in terms of early delivery. Perhaps she should spend some time in the NICU watching babies cling to life while parents cling to hope, feel hopeless, sad, exhausted,worried, and afraid. If she cannot provide that support to you due to her practice styles or time constraints, then she should be referring you to someone who can. You pay a lot of money for her service and remember not to settle--there may be other providers that can give you what you need. I am not sure there is such a thing as a "normal pregnancy" to someone who went through what you did. I guess if you limit your focus to the labs and cervix one could call it "normal" but that discounts perhaps the most important part to you-all the emotions which are understandably real and justified.

Please know you can call me anytime to talk about things. Find comfort in your home care nurse who has clearly been to the other side and will continue to be there emotionally for you. As nurses, we are taught over and over to provide holistic care to promote health. Part of health is emotional support and stability.

As an NP, I am asked one question more than any other in my day to day practice,
"why didn't you just become a doctor?"
I bet you can figure out the answer.

I will get off of my soapbox now.

Continue to take each day and be glad that things are going well. We will all continue to pray that things stays quiet. Know that we who follow this blog and love you are all on your side and understand those feeling you have. We have our own set of feelings as we have ridden the ride with you and will continue to do so.

LIMIT THOSE MOLASSES COOKIES NOW. YOUR VENISON PEPPER STICKS ARE SAFELY TUCKED AWAY IN OUR FREEZER. I PLAN TO KEEP THEM THERE UNTIL FEBRUARY AND THEN I WILL BE DELIGHTED TO GIVE THEM TO YOU

All my love to you, Jimmy, Finn and Baby Girl T. You all mean the world to me. I am here and I get it.
DeAnn (Ne Ne)

kborn said...

thanks for the shout out! vince appreciates it, too. :-)

your MD...hmm...why would she do all the other precautions if she was pretty sure you'd make it 24+ weeks "symptom-free" or whatever? you definitely have passed a milestone, but i guess continue to watch what you're doing and continue to enjoy pregnancy. i'm still a firm believer of NO SUCH THING AS PREGNANCY BEING NORMAL! There's nothing normal about it!!!

so you had a babymoon of sorts then being Finn-less? NICE! :-)