Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, November 10

Chick magnet

Finn is getting braver with letting go when moving between two objects. We worked on that quite a bit yesterday with EI PT. He even took a step once or twice. Here's a short video (notice his t-shirt...love it!)...
video

I love my home nurse who administers my hormone shots. No other health care professionals seem to really care whether I carry full term or not, but she always listens and has helpful suggestions (she had two preterm pregnancies as well, so can empathize as well). The shot didn't got too well this week and is/was a little painful, but nothing I can't handle (hey, I feel like it is the only thing I'm doing to keep little Ms. T in me at the moment, so I'll deal!).

Since we have been blessed with such beautiful weather, we decided to get out of the house and meet the twins, Maia and Becky at the park yesterday. It was a little breezy, but still unbelievable for November. Today, too, is very nice. Depending on how long Finn sleeps, I might see if our neighbors want to go to the park this afternoon (she has two little girls, 2.5 years old and 6 months). I've been wanting to develop more of a relationship with her and thought this would be a great excuse.

We only have one more class of fall ECFE left! I just can't believe how quickly it went by. We talked about parenting styles today, which obviously fascinates my psychology mind. I think that Jim and I are lucky in that we generally have the same parenting style, we just administer it slightly differently...which is fine (I need to remind myself of that sometimes!). I signed Finn up for the 18-24 month class for the winter, but have since found out it is now an 18-36 month class. I'm going to call and possibly switch him back to the younger class. If nothing else, I think it would be a hazard for him to not be walking when other kids are so much bigger than he is. I may also see if any 36 month olds signed up for that class and if not, keep him there. I like the older class for his social/cognitive development needs, but wonder if the younger class would be better considering his physical development (or lack thereof). Oh, just walk already, Finn ;)

Grandma is coming today after work! Yay...Finn will love it. She is going to hang out with Finn and me tomorrow and then hang out with Austin on Friday (Austin told her he needs a break from day care...ha!). Cake decorating class #2 tonight. I made my cake last night (looks funky, but hopefully will work) which we will be decorating tonight and need to make two batches of butter cream frosting today before class. Super excited!

1 comment:

kborn said...

it'd be like having some Quinn's in his class. he'd maybe love it...but, i can understand wanting kids closer to his age too!! i am also loving the weather. as are q and vince. i'm glad it's been nice since q is such an outside lover!
also...just trying to de-stress as often as possible is a good way to help keep little thomas inside