Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 20

Capable and well informed

Swimming was canceled yesterday because there was an "accident" in the pool. It is frustrating because we don't find out until we get there and by then, I've gotten both Finn and myself all ready, which isn't a small feat. AND I don't know if Finn is too young, but he seemed really upset when we didn't actually go swimming, which makes me sad. We can do a  make up class, but it doesn't help with his disappointment yesterday! Maybe daddy and Finn can go on Wednesday night when I have my cake class. On the bright side, at least we weren't changed, showered and in the pool area when they closed it!

Today, Jim and I had our second (and last) birthing class. This one covered c-sections, a tour of North Memorial and parenting/baby care stuff. It was actually helpful. I've been kind of terrified of c-sections and now I feel like, if for whatever reason, I need to have one, I would be okay with that. The parenting stuff was a little bit of review for us, but we had a good time anyway (Jim liked playing with the doll baby they gave us). We are now fully capable and well informed enough to have this baby...yikes! Aunt Kelsie came over last night so she could be here to watch Finn when he woke up. They were both in their cozy beds when we left this morning. She said he was a good boy for her and that she read him books for 2 hours! Poor, Kelsie. I know he loved the attention...and can now say "Aunt Kelsie," which I also know melts a certain aunt's heart :) Thanks for watching him, Kels!

We watched "She's the Man" and "Dear John" last night. Very different movies, but both pretty good flicks. Jim started "The Bodyguard" with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner, but pooped out a little way into it. I don't have any hope that he will love it NEARLY as much as I do. Movie sound tracks don't get any better!

1 comment:

Aunt Kelsie said...

You are so welcome!!! Honestly I would take him off your hands at any time!!!! :) We had so much fun! I just love his scrunchy little nose smile and his wonderful giggle! I love how he knows his books! We pretty much just read the 'punchline' in every book over and over and over! LOVED IT! :) THANK YOU!! My heart is still melting.... ;-)