Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 23

Cake makin' fool

Sunday morning, even though the weather did it's best to keep me home, I headed to New London (a 2 hour drive without thick sheets of ice for roads!) for my friend Holly and her son, Breck's baby shower. I left early, so it really wasn't THAT bad. Seeing an opportunity to use my newly accquired cake decorating skills, I volunteered to make the baby shower cake.
Of course it didn't turn out exactly how I'd imagined in my head, but overall, I think it looked pretty good.  Everybody said it tasted good, so that is what really matters to me. They asked me if I was going to start selling cakes. Um, no! Too stressful (Kelsie and Jim can attest to that!).

Yesterday, Finn and I went to our last Preemie class for the fall. They aren't having it in the winter, but are in the spring. So as of right now, we have every Monday and every other Thursday open! I feel like I need to plan things...ha, ha, just kidding. I still need to figure out which ECFE class Finn is going to be in for the winter. That will be every Wed or Thurs, depending on the class.

Last night, I had my first "Flowers and Cake Design" class. It is the follow up class to the cake decorating beginners class we've been taking on Weds. We worked with gum paste and fondant to make flowers.
I need to work on my technique a little bit, but they were really fun (and time consuming!) to make. Kristine and Becky A are in this class with me, too, so it is fun to have a girls' night out once a week. We have the last session of our beginner's class tomorrow (Wed) night. We need to bring a fully assembled and frosted cake to class and a design scheme to work on all of our techniques. Yikes! Trying to find a good spice cake recipe and filling. Hmm...

Finn's been acting kind of funky and "off" lately. Jim thinks it is his ears; which it very well may be since he finished his antibiotic last week. We have the follow up with the ENT on Wed, so we'll know for sure then. He is just whiny and starts crying at the drop of a hat...which is VERY not like him. Oh, and he hasn't been eating super well, which is also very not like him, obviously.

I've been feeling good. A little cramping and "heavy" feeling, but looking forward to this Friday when we'll be 28 weeks! That is the magic age when babies lungs are mature enough for them to be able to breathe on their own. That is what we were hoping for with Finn, but didn't quite make it. Ha! No reason so far to think that we won't with this one.

Oh and over $600 later, our furnace should finally be fixed for "a long time." Sheesh. What a pain, but at least we are warm.

1 comment:

kborn said...

dont miss those feelings---its called pregnant! glad you're getting time away.
maybe finn is sensing the coming addition and doesnt like it! q got crankier as i got bigger and less able to fully play with her.,....