Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 27

Black Friday

Thursday, we headed up to Kristine's in Maple Grove for Thanksgiving. Everybody except Nick was there, so that was really great to see everybody. Too bad Finn has been so whiny lately, but I think it only bothered Jim and me. Of course, Finn only napped for MAYBE 30 to 45 minutes, so that made for an interesting rest of the day. I don't think he likes to miss anything when we are at Kristine's.

In the early evening, we headed down to Chaska to NeNe's to spend a little time with Jim's family. It was very relaxed and even though I was already plenty full, managed to sample lots of their food, too! Sheesh. One thing about being this pregnant, you can't eat as much at one sitting as you used to and if you try, you get REALLY uncomfortable (speaking from experience!). Overall, a great Thanksgiving. This is the first time, in well, probably ever, that I haven't celebrated with at least one of my extended families (both my mom and dad's families usually celebrate the weekend after Thanksgiving). But we decided driving 2+ hours and being so far from specialty hospitals probably wasn't the best thing for us this year. While it makes me sad to miss both celebrations (because I don't get to see my extended family very often any more), it definitely makes for a much more relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. I told Jim not to get used to it! Jim, of course, is going to the Gopher game today, so Finn and I get to spend the day together.

Yesterday, I got up at the crack of 7am (haha!), looked at online ads and headed out by myself to grab a few deals. Can I just say how much easier it is to go shopping without a child to tote around? Since I started so late, many of the things I wanted were already gone, especially at Wal-mart, but I still got a few things at really good prices. I went to Kohls, Toys R Us and Wal-mart, and was home again in a little over 2 hours. I had a time line to be home by 10:30 so we could go to swim class and I made it. Now I've started my online shopping and already bought a few gifts. I think I only have 7 people left. Yay!

My left foot continues to be swollen on and off. For the most part, it isn't painful, so I'm not too worried. I just try to stay off it as much as I can, which isn't that much ;) I called a new OB yesterday, one of the recommendations, and they were closed! Darn it. So I will call on Monday and see what they say. I/we just need to make a decision about this and move on. I'm sick of discussing it and worrying about it.

No comments: