Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, November 24

All clear!

Jane, Finn's EI PT, was VERY impressed with him this week. He just "walked" between the couch and chair like it was no big deal. He is getting much steadier and hopefully his confidence will get better, too. It is SO much fun to see him taking several steps at one time. Oh, my little boy! Now if he would stand independently, it would make this whole process much easier for him.

Finn and I got to play with Austin yesterday because Becky had houses to clean and his daycare was closed. It is so much fun having him, but man, he really keeps us going! I think Finn dropped unconscious by nap time. Makes me miss that time when I got him every Friday. Maybe again this summer, if I'm still able to stay at home.

Jim and I were supposed to go out on a date night with John and Kelsie last night, but I feel like I've been gone so much lately, that I asked if it was okay for them to come over and Jim make dinner instead. It didn't take much convincing! Finn loved having both of their attentions and it was a really nice evening. Too bad we need to schedule times like that, but at least we do once in a while ;)

This afternoon, Finn and I braved the weather, roads and holiday traffic to go his follow up ENT appointment (daddy met us there). And low and behold, both ears are infection and fluid free!!!! We were shocked. I don't have a ton of confidence that they will stay that way, but it was a really nice surprise. If he doesn't have any more ear infections, we don't have to go back for 4 months. Yay. They will only do new tubes if he has three or more infections in six months or less, I think. Here's to Finn's ears staying clear!

Yesterday around Noon, I noticed that my left foot hurt, only to look at it and see it was swollen to the size of a club. I tried to stay off my feet yesterday as much as I could (which isn't easy!) and it went down a little bit before bed. Today it was swollen on and off. Jim made me call the nurses line and she said that as long as it bounces back when I poke it, I should just stay off my feet and keep it elevated, unless it gets worse, then to go to Urgent Care. I never had this symptom with Finn, so it is new to me! I could barely get my shoe on this afternoon, so good thing the snow justifies wearing big boots :)

And, I had my last session for the beginning cake decorating class tonight. I felt like I was running around with my head cut off all day, but I got almost everything ready for class that I needed. We learned how to make roses:
Which were actually pretty tough. I had the tip upside down for one and it looked like a butt...not what I was going for! And we had to do our final project. I made a pumpkin spice cake with butterscotch filling (homemade!) and cream cheese frosting. The cream cheese frosting is much tougher to work with than buttercream, but I just do not like the taste of buttercream.
I didn't have a full scheme for how I wanted it to turn out, but I think overall, it works. The Thomas clan will get to sample tomorrow, so hopefully it tastes as good as it looks (well, that is what Jim told me anyway!).

No comments: