Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 5

Say, "Cheese!"

I found the camera cord (on the floor next to my bed were I packed my bag sitting by his sandals that I couldn't find in FL either...little stinker!) and uploaded lots of pictures and two videos today. It took a while, but felt good to get it done. We got the unpacking, grocery shopping and play date (holy beautiful day!!) done yesterday...but not the laundry. I'm just not motivated and there is a lot to do.

I am very proud of myself because today I FINALLY transitioned all of Finn's 12 month clothes out and brought in the 18 month. They seem so much bigger, but now at least he won't be wearing belly shirts! The 12 month pants still fit (getting tight in the belly, perfect for length), so I kept a few of those, because I didn't want the 18 month ones to fall off! Austin had a ton of pants, but I didn't find too many shirts (I hope I didn't miss a box somewhere!)...so I'll get to go shopping and buy Finn some long sleeve 18 months shirts. Yay. I'm hoping to head to the Albertville outlet mall after PT on Thursday. We'll see if Finn is cooperating or not.

EI came for their visit this morning. They brought an OT along to assess Finn's fine motor skills. She thinks he is right on track for his age, so that was good to hear. Finn almost took his first step today. Jane, the PT, was sitting in front of him and he had his back on the couch. She kept inching away from him and making him reach for the puzzle they were playing with. Finally, he reached forward, took one step, which lifted his body away from the couch and fell down! SO CLOSE! It won't be too long now...although I said that for crawling and it took 5 more months :)

We have family pictures tonight for our church directory. It should be...fun? Jim is sick and Finn has been crabby (possibly teething, slight fever) all day. It just takes one good one, right? Maybe I should bring some cheese along because if the photographer tells us to say "cheese," I KNOW Finn will want to eat some cheese! Maybe just snacks will suffice.

Here is a cute video of Finn dancing with Scout. Thought I'd share:
video

Parenting question of the day: When do you put a pillow and blanket in bed with your child? Right now, Finn doesn't use either (well other than KeeKee, but that is just a security item), but the older he gets, the more I think about whether or not he should have them. When he transitions out of the crib? Sooner? I'm not sure.  We have a heater with a thermostat specifically for his room, so I know he isn't cold. Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

3 comments:

kborn said...

Well...Quinn had blankets always (swaddled, yes, but blankets additionally). And she LOVED pillows once she knew what it was...wanted one. I suppose it was before we left new york...18 months ish maybe?
Q and I are probably going to the zoo on Thursday, too, with her day care provider Trisha if you'd rather zoo than shop. Or maybe we'd join your excursion to albertville instead...hmm...will have to take some clothing inventory.......

Stacy Thomas said...

There is a specific shirt I want to get at Albertville before it is gone, so I'd better go Thurs or I don't know when I'll get back up there. That would be great if you want to come along. PT is at 10 (last 30 minutes) in Maple Grove, so I suppose we'll be up there around 10:45 or 11am.

Meytal said...

Lyla has a blanket that she doesn't use...I grew up sleeping with no pillow or a very thin one. I really don't see a reason why Finn should need a pillow at such a young age. I am not even sure how good it is for their development. You should ask your doctor next time you see her/him and let us know :) Personally, I am not going to introduce a blanket to Lyla for a long time...