Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, October 11

More ketchup please

We (stupidly and also accidentally) introduced Finn to ketchup the other week. Up until this point, he didn't know it existed nor did he think food could possibly taste any better than it already does. Well, now he loves ketchup. He hasn't had it enough to ask for it per se, but today he wasn't eating his chicken very well, so I asked if he wanted ketchup. After a brief excited freak out that almost ended with him falling out of his booster seat (thankfully he was buckled in), I gave him a little dollop. Into which he proceeded to dip his chicken, suck off the ketchup and go back for more ketchup...forgetting that the whole point was for him to eat more chicken! Argh. Oh, well. I mean, 99.9% of all kids in America love ketchup and there are certainly worse things for him to eat, but I'm somewhat disappointed that we fell off that wagon.

Finn woke up with a stuffy and runny nose this morning. I am almost over my cold (it moved into my chest, so that usually means a couple more days and it will be gone) so I was majorly hoping that Finn wouldn't get it. Oh, well. So far, not too bad and no fever. Although, he, of course, thinks it is really cool because he can make his nose make weird noises. Oh, how different a girl will be (maybe!)!

We were able to Skype with Jim last night. Finn asked to call him when we got home from auntie Becca's, so we did. Then we decided to try to Skype and it worked (Jim had to reinstall it on his laptop or something). Finn is a little older now, so he at least knows it is daddy and waves at him and tries to touch him. Not sure if it makes Finn miss Jim more or less, but Finn liked it for about 10  minutes, than was done. Jim gets home late Thursday night and we'll both be very happy to see him!

3 comments:

kborn said...

sorry we helped get finn sick. :( i have had mostly breathing only issues for 2 days now. se la vi and GOOOOO KETCHUP! YUM!!

Stacy Thomas said...

I think is all fairness, I have to blame myself for Finn being sick. I wasn't as careful as I should have been, but a cold never killed anybody (did it?!?). LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Finn likes ketchup. To me, ketchup is it's own food group.

Grampa Ron