Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, October 17

I must be showing

My boys (BOTH of them!) went with me to church today. It is nice to go as a family. If you ask me, Finn was super good in church (quiet and easily distracted). If you ask Jim, Finn was naughty...but I don't consider being antsy naughty...he is ONE after all. A lady came up to us after service and said that Finn is the cutest baby in the church and she loves when he comes with me to mass (and for the record, she said he was good, too!)! I thought that was really sweet. Proud momma moment. Then, I had a pregnancy "first" moment: without being told I was pregnant, she asked when my next one was due! I didn't get to experience this with Finn probably because I showed later in the pregnancy and by then, it was super cold and I was wearing big sweatshirts and winter coats. The question totally thrilled me. Now I guess I can say for sure that I look pregnant!!!

Yesterday morning, we met Jess at a park in Savage for some Christmas card photos. Finn was having a bipolar day. He woke up happy, got really sad and crying when we left, was happy in the car and upset when we got to the park and was NOT smiling for the pictures, except toward the end, maybe. Oh, well. Like I told Jim, at least he is cute even if he isn't smiling ;) Thanks Jess for squeezing us in. You are the best!! Now maybe I'll be inspired for our cards...or you'll be inspired at least!

After pictures, Jim and I watched the Gopher game while Finn napped. Well...I started the game and then ended up napping, too! Hey, I'd had a late night the night before and an early morning! When we were all awake and up, we met Kristine, Alex and Grace at the pumpkin patch! It wasn't nearly as commercial as the one we went to last year, but it was far less hectic and Finn really enjoyed it...especially once auntie got there because she got him out of the stroller and took him in the pens with the animals (there was a petting zoo). And he ACTUALLY touched them! I was very impressed. It was a beautiful day and Finn seemed to have fun, even if he was still being bipolar (you'll see from the pictures...one is happy, the next is mad, etc...hope to upload them later today or tomorrow).

Friday night, Becky dropped Austin off with Jim and Finn (Pete came after work) and we headed over to our aunt Janice's house for Smith Girls' Night. Which was a gathering of all my mom's sisters and their daughters/daughter-in-laws and about 15 girls attended. I had a blast and as expected, there was lots of talking, laughing and eating...isn't that what families do?!?! I'd say drinking, too, but I obviously couldn't partake. I probably stayed a little too late, but I really didn't want to leave. Can't wait until the next one! Thanks, Janice, for having us all over. Your house is PERFECT for an event like that.

I almost forgot, Finn had his first swim class of the fall Friday morning. Jim came with us (he took the day off) and Finn had the time of his life. He was laughing and splashing the whole time. I mean, he has always enjoyed swim class, but he seemed to like it even more. Maybe because it had been so long since he'd been or maybe because daddy was home and swimming with him. Who knows. Classes are every Friday morning for 10 sessions...I can't imagine how big I'll be by the end! It is true what they say, though...being in the water is very therapeutic for a preggo lady (if you can stand putting on a swim suit)!

2 comments:

kborn said...

I do have a preggo suit if you need it. should've included it in the bag of "goodies" becky took on Tuesday. oh well, i'll add it to the other stuff to send your way.

Anonymous said...

We didn't want you to leave either. I would say the event was a success - thanks for doing all of the planning and inviting. I got to do the easy part - stay home! I can't wait for the next one either!