Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, October 7

I got it

Well, I guess it is true after 3 years of marriage, you really do share everything...I got Jim's cold! I denied it, I fought it, I refused to believe it, but alas, I am forced to admit that I am sick. Darn it! And of course, Jim left this morning for 8 days, so I get to be sick and take care of Finn all by my lonesome (I'm sure I'll deal just fine...mom's have a way of doing that). So far, nothing too serious (sore throat, plugged/itchy ears, runny nose and congested chest...okay, sounds worse than it is!). If it gets worse, I'll call my doctor to see what I can take to feel better. For now, bring on the Tylenol and cough drops!

And thank you to everybody for the kind and wonderful anniversary wishes! Yesterday was Jim and my 3rd wedding anniversary. What a crazy three years it has been; especially considering 4 years ago at this time, we weren't even engaged! Jim got me the BEST card, I was laughing so hard, I think I had tears in my eyes. He also got me maternity Vikings sweatpants and t-shirt! That man knows me like the back of his hand! NeeNee was kind enough to come over last night and watch Finn so we could go out to dinner. There weren't any plays in town that we wanted to see and with money being as tight as it, a lovely dinner just the two of was was perfect. Thanks NeeNee for watching Finn. I know he loves playing with you. He even woke up happy today...not sure what you did, but it worked!

Finn and I headed to PT this morning. When we got there, I asked him if he was ready to got to PT and he got really excited and repeated, "PeePee!" Ha, gotta work on his "T's" I guess. Melissa was very impressed with his progress (she hasn't worked with him in about a month) and our goal, albeit somewhat lofty, is for Finn to be independently standing by next week. He can do it and is SO close, but he doesn't have the confidence yet. Get ready for lots of falling, buddy, because that's all we're doing this week!

After PT, we headed up to the Albertville outlet malls. Holy buckets, we scored big! I don't usually put a lot of stock in outlet malls because I wonder how much you really save...do they just call it an outlet store, but charge you the same as their regular stores? Well, either everybody has HUGE sales right now, or at least with the baby stores, you save a ton. I got Finn maybe 8 long sleeve shirts for an average price of maybe $6 each! I "splurged" and got him my all time favorite piece of kids clothing: a Gap hooded sweatshirt (it was only $12!). We should be set now for the fall. Yay! Finn didn't love shopping, but Magic Mom had anticipated this and brought a sippy cup and pretzels, so he was a happy camper. He would turn in the stroller and say, "More pretzels please." So cute. What beautiful weather to walk from store to store...I was actually a little too warm a couple times.

2 comments:

kborn said...

join the club!! of illness, that is. :(

Becky A said...

Happy anniversary!! Sorry, I totally didn't realize it yesterday or I would have said something. 3 years - wow! Congratulations you guys. :)mic