Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, October 10

I don't want to!

We had a lovely day yesterday for a baby shower. Although, because it was so warm out, I had to break down and turn the a/c on (in OCTOBER!)! I hated to do it, but it was almost 80 degrees in the house with the windows open BEFORE people got there. Oh, well. Hopefully people were comfortable after we shut the windows. I'll take this weather any time, though, for sure!

Baby Vincent was the perfect guest of honor. He slept most of the time, woke up to eat and look around for while. What a mellow baby! I really hope our #2 has some of his same characteristics. I experimented with a new cake for the shower...Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte. And based on the comments, I think it turned out pretty well. I'm not a huge chocolate lover, but wanted to try this particular recipe (and have an excuse to use my torte pans again!). I think it is a keeper (although I tend to think zesting an orange is rather annoying...don't they sell zest?).

So I forgot to mention what Finn did the other day when we were at the outlet mall. When we arrived, I parked at the far end, even though the baby stores were on the other end because I wanted to run into one store (and then I was going to drive to the other side before walking all over). Well, I'd promised Finn a "walk" and since we were out of the car MAYBE 5 minutes, he did NOT want to go back in (he also may have wanted some pretzels that I wasn't willing to give him). He started freaking out when I tried to put him in his car seat, looked straight at me and said (clear as day), "I don't want to!" Well, I guess he is decisive. But too bad! I'd thought he said something similar once before, but figured I was just making more out of it than it was. Guess not. I think we're knocking on the door of the Terrible Twos! Needless to say, I did get him buckled, and he was very happy when we got back out of the car a minute later for a much longer walk (that did, in fact, involved pretzels!).

I could hear Finn on his baby monitor yesterday morning and again during nap "talking" to dada...and singing to him at one point, I think. Poor guy. He just doesn't understand why daddy is gone for so long. He has picked up my phone twice and asked to call dada. Who am I to say no? And he is having major separation anxiety because of Jim's absence...Finn doesn't even want me to go in another room if somebody is at home with us. Argh. Hopefully this is short lived (both Jim's extensive travels and Finn's separation issues!).

I took Finn to church BY MYSELF for the first time this morning (I think anyway). He was actually good...loud, but not fussy. I guess with me as a mom, how can he NOT be loud? Poor guy. Off to go wedding dress shopping again in a bit! Can't wait. This is so much fun...especially when Pete volunteers to watch Finn for me/us!

No comments: