Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, October 20

Here we go again

Jim, Finn and I headed to Finn's 6 month post-op appt for his tubes, thinking it would just be a quick check and done. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be. The doctor looked in Finn's right ear and said that not only did he have an ear infection, but the tube, while still in his ear canal, had come out of his ear drum. Great! Then he looked in his left ear and that one was infected, too, although it was draining and the tube was still in place. Argh. I was SO not expecting this. That might explain Finn's bipolar behavior lately! Finn is on an antibiotic ear drop in both ears for one week and an oral antibiotic for 10 days. Then we will have to go back in for a recheck in one month. If the infections don't clear up, we'll have to discuss tubes AGAIN. The frustrating part was that Finn just had his well-child doctor appt and his ears were fine then! Oh, why, oh, why did Finn have to inherit Jim's ear problems?!?! It isn't the end of the world, but it totally came from left field and smacked us in the face.

On a bright note, we discussed herbal remedies today at ECFE (one of the mom's teaches herbs at a local college). And one herb is supposed to help with ear infections. Guess I'm going to look more into that! Before the class, I thought herbs were kind of useless, but she gave me a remedy for sinus infection (I'm pretty sure I have one from my cold) that is safe during pregnancy that I tried as soon as I got home. Other than having  the compress too hot and burning my face (you should have seen me!), I guess we'll see! Hey, it doesn't hurt to try. I'm pretty open to trying new things...Jim on the other hand; not so much ;)

On Monday night, Jim, Finn and I met Doug, Ryan and Leah at Psycho Suzi's for happy hour and to bid them a farewell, as they are moving down the street to a new location in about a month. A nice relaxing time was had, although, it is sad to go there and not have one of their fabulous drinks! Finn hit the wall just after 7pm, so we headed home. I knew Jim wasn't feeling well when he passed up a Greenie at Jaros'. On that note, Jim was on death's bed AGAIN this week, but finally is feeling somewhat better today. Oh, seriously, this cold/virus needs to leave our house and not come back for a long time!

Tuesday morning was a bit chaotic. Jane came for Finn's EI PT at 10. Finn does this ballet-type thing with his legs that impressed her (um, Finn...if you can balance on one leg while holding on, you can probably stand on two without holding on!). Deb, Finn's EI teacher, came at 10:45 and got to play with Finn while my home nurse came to administer my shot. This was probably the first time Deb got one on one time with him (I'm usually there), so I think that was good for both of them. She noticed that Finn is getting really good at enunciating the last syllable of his words (like "baT"). By the time everybody left, Finn and I were both pretty tired! Finn napped and then we brought auntie Becca, Pete and Austin to the airport for Austin's first airplane ride (I wish I could have been there for it!). Becky texted me today and said Austin did great!

1 comment:

kborn said...

Sucks! Busy days are here again! :) And I think Quinn is actually down for the night at 7:30!! Getting to bed time has been not so fun, though. :(