Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, October 31

Halloween shenanigans

We FINALLY carved Finn's pumpkin yesterday afternoon (nothing like waiting until the last possible minute!). It was, of course...
...Elmo! Thanks to Ryan for making the template for us...I think it is ridiculous to pay for a pumpkin carving template. Finn even touched the pumpkin "guts" which surprised me since he is such a "I don't want to be messy or dirty" kid. Jim and I were lame and didn't carve our own this year. I guess things change when you have a kid(s)! I wish I were more motivated to roast the seeds because I LOVE pumpkin seeds. Maybe next year...ha, yeah right.

Despite my lack of excitement leading up to it, I had a blast at our Halloween party last night. Jim was spectacular with cleaning and decorating the house beforehand.
I did what I could to help, but would get tired after doing the littlest thing(s). My legs/knees have been prone to aching lately. Between Jim's apple shots and several rounds of beer pong, I think everybody was feeling pretty good (well, those that could drink of course!). I got rave reviews on my meatballs, which I make every year. Guess it was a good BBQ mixture this year. Laura's pumpkin chocolate chip bars were AMAZING, too. Since it is a costume party, we award prizes for different costume categories.

Best Overall Costume: Leah and Jen (Jolly Green Giant and Little Sprout...only Leah is in this picture, didn't get one with Jen...sorry!)
Best Couple: Becky and Pete (nerds, nobody specific ;)
Scariest: Jim (devil/Lucifer)
Most Creative: Kelsie and Mallory (Mario and Luigi)
Sexiest: Stacy/me (angel...I honestly wasn't even going for sexy...I AM 5 months preggo after all!)
Honorable mention: Katie (Brad Childress...this wasn't an actual category, but I would feel remiss to not include her...well done, but no picture, sorry!)

Of course no party is complete without a random adult couple ringing your doorbell after 1am to ask if they can have candy...when it isn't even Halloween yet! Or the Pizza Man pizza man telling Jim he'd been gone for a while because he'd had heart surgery...not a ringing endorsement for your product, sir!

I stayed up much later than anticipated, as even Jim crashed before I did! I think I made it to bed a little after 2:30am...pretty good for a non-drinking preggo lady! Thanks to everybody who came and we hope you had as much fun as we did. Now I can't wait for next year, as I plan on drinking heavily (nothing wrong with the occasional pump and dump if I'm still nursing)! Ha, ha. Anybody want to volunteer to babysit ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love that the pregnant lady won sexiest costume! hah that's great. looks like you had fun!! :)

kborn said...

You both were troopers! You could've kicked us out...the four of us were NOT motivated to drive home. But yes...feeling mighty well after a few shots!! And perfectly fine once I needed to feed the kiddo and drive home! Good times Thomas house! Thanks!