Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, October 27

Cutest moment of my life

When we found out we were pregnant and knew how close in age Finn would be to his little sibling, we really didn't think he would "get" it that there was a baby in mommy's tummy. Well, I don't know if he "gets" it, but he points to my belly...or that general area...when we ask where his baby sister is (or he points to himself and says, "baby"). Well, yesterday, he started pulling up my shirt, asking for the baby and waving hello to her! And then he leaned over and KISSED MY BELLY! I seriously think it might have been the cutest moment of my life.
This is a reenactment once Jim got home. I am having Jess take some artsy pregnancy pictures in December and wanted Jim and Finn to be in a few, but didn't know if Finn would cooperate or understand. Maybe now he will!

Oh, and Laura said I can officially spill the beans...her and Matt are having a baby at the end of April!! For those of you who don't know them, Jim and I went to high school with Laura (well, I did since Kindergarten!) and Jim went to the U of M with both Laura and Matt. We are so excited for them. I don't now...once you have children, something in your anatomy feels like everybody should have babies, too! Can't wait to meet Little Grapentine. Congratulations, guys :)

Well, it's not really new, but Finn's thing now is to say, "Peek-oooh" and cover his eyes! He has always loved playing peek-a-boo, but never participated like this. It is really cute (if I do say so myself, which I do!).

I think he might grow up to be a ballerina! Okay, maybe not, but he does this thing where he stands (supported) and lifts up his legs like he is practicing ballerina moves!
He isn't very flexible and I'm not sure about his coordination, but who am I to crush his dreams?!?! Ha, ha. I love his expression in this picture.

3 comments:

kborn said...

I loved when Q would kiss and wave and say g'nite to Vince inside.
Now I'm just glad she still doesn't kiss my tummy and say g'nite to the (little) fat that is still there!

Becky A said...

So adorable Stacy!! I love it. Can't wait to see your pregnancy pics in December (which you WILL be taking because the baby WILL still be in there!)

Stacy Thomas said...

I'm sure hoping so, Becky! Fingers crossed.