Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, October 30

Busy bees

Finn got his flu shot Thursday (FINALLY!). Jim was able to go with, so for once, I wasn't the only bad guy. The thing about Finn is that he recovers so well from things that deal with pain. He cried right away and then was magically better the second the nurse gave him a sticker. It's like he just forgets about the pain. I'd even brought elmo, juice, pretzels and apple sauce if needed but they weren't! Also, last year he needed 4 shots (2 flu and 2 H1N1) and this year just 1! Yay for being older and not needing the second booster AND putting flu and H1N1 together :)

Finn and I had a fun and busy day yesterday. We got up bright and early (me=7:30 and Finn=8:00) to go to the early swim class. We normally go at 11am, BUT we had plans to drive up to the Brainerd Lakes area and I wanted to get a little earlier start. So we switched to the 9am class instead (I LOVE that they are so flexible). Finn didn't love class like he has the other times, but he could have been tired, or still recovering from some of his ear stuff.

We were able to get ready and leave right from swimming by 10am. We went to visit Holly and new baby Breck in Nisswa, which is about a 2.5hr drive. Finn did well, but of course, didn't fall asleep until 20 minutes before we got there. Breck is super tiny (only 5 days old!) and is cute and looks EXACTLY like his big brother Odin, who is one month younger than Finn. Even though Odin was at daycare, Finn had a blast checking out and playing with all of his toys. We finally called it a day at 4:30 and made it back home around 7pm. I'm SO glad we were able to go for the visit. And of course I completely forgot to take any pictures. Darn it! Holly is doing very well and Breck seems like a very content little boy! Can't wait to see you guys again in a couple weeks!

You'd think sitting in a car and visiting all day wouldn't tire you out, but man, was I tired when we got home (as was Finn...who didn't sleep at all on the way home, but was really good regardless!). I lasted until a little after 10pm and then had to call it a night. Tonight we have our annual Halloween party. I don't know if it is because I'm pregnant or because the party isn't ON Halloween, but I'm just not super excited about it this year like I have been in the past. We have to pick up and decorate today...maybe then I'll be more in the spirit. Oh, and I should probably try on my costume to make sure it fits!

No comments: