Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, October 25

Baby good so far

Yesterday, we went over to the Born household for dinner and to watch the first half of the Vikings game. Dinner was good (pheasant) and while the game was frustrating, at least it was entertaining. Finn stayed up until we left (9pm) and wasn't crabby at all. I felt bad keeping him up that late, though, because I knew I'd have to wake him up this morning to go to our perinatologist appointment.

So, all weekend, I'd been feeling some tightening in my lower abdomen and a couple other symptoms (don't want to share too much!), so I was glad we were going in today. The ultrasound went well (more pictures to follow). Baby girl measured exactly 23 wks 3 days, which is what I am, so that is great. She was 1 lb 4 oz (this is what Finn weighed when my water broke!). My cervix is measuring between 37 and 39 mm and they don't worry until it is at 25 mm.

At the end of the appointment I talked with the doctor (not the one we were supposed to see, which upset me!) and we decided to hook me up to the contraction/heart monitor for half an hour to see if what I was feeling were contractions or not. As it turned out they, weren't, but at least I have a little piece of mind about it (and the nurses loved the extra time to flirt with Finn...what a ladies man!). The doctor also said that they don't need to see me back unless symptoms start presenting themselves (which I would report to my doctor first). So, we'll just wait and see, I guess. My next OB appointment (which is also the glucose test...a new experience for me!) is November 12.

Being on the bed, hooked up to that stuff definitely brought back (not so good) memories. I've been overly emotional today (which I haven't had hardly ANY emotional swings above and beyond what is normal for me so far with this pregnancy). I'm sure it is a combination of not getting a lot of sleep last night, worrying, a headache and the monitors, but I'm feeling better now.

Oh and Jim got my computer set up again (maybe that's why I'm feeling better...haha)! I was without it for ONE WEEK! That is a long time for somebody who pays all our bills online and email/facebook is my main means of communication to the outside world. It is now super fast and I love it. Thanks, babe!

1 comment:

kborn said...

Good food will be had soon!!!!! :)