Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 15

To brace or not to brace

I got my second progesterone shot yesterday (in the right side this time). While the shot itself is very uncomfortable, I've felt no residual pain, which I'm very thankful for. The first in each side is supposed to be the most achy, so hopefully it is smooth sailing from here.

Finn had EI PT yesterday and while Jane, his EI PT, understands Gillette's reasons for not wanting to correct Finn's feet now, she doesn't agree. Argh...I hate when this happens. She is familiar with a product called Sure Step that is supposed to have amazing results with kids with low muscle tone...which Finn does! And it wouldn't negatively affect his ability to walk; if anything, it would help it because it gives him a stable base to stand on. So, now I don't know if I should just sit on this and wait until it is closer to his birthday to bring it back up to Gillette, or if I should push them on it. Jane said right now, Finn's feet are not a severe case (she has seen much worse), but in my mind, do we want to wait until they are severe? Argh. Parenting is tough. I'll discuss with Jim when he gets home. He almost always has an opinion about stuff like this!

No comments: