Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 7

Pain in my butt

Finn's EI teacher and PT came for their first fall visit today. Finn was showing off, so they loved that (Finn even tried to kiss his teacher when she was taking a picture of him!). She said to just ignore the "whining" and that it is just a phase. Easier said than done...but we'll give it a try. She said that because he is saying so many words, we don't have to keep track of which ones any longer (I told her I didn't even know I could make a list if she asked anyway!). Finn walked in his walker a little bit for Jane, his PT. She liked seeing that, but is concerned about his feet...which is a concern I've had for a while, but I'm always told it will correct itself. The problem is that his tendon at the back of his right foot is forming an "L" shape and it should be straight. I am going to bring it up again at PT on Thursday and push a little harder. If need be, I'll have Jane call Gillette and they can discuss together (since they are the experts). Overall, a great visit that went WAY too fast.

They always tire Finn out, so he laid down for a nap a little early. Which ended up being very nice because he slept through my entire progesterone shot appointment! The nurse was very nice. She gave me the shot before we filled out the mountain of paperwork in case I had an allergic reaction (no problems there!). We now have an EpiPen in the house, which is a good thing in case of an emergency. The shot itself took about 30 second to inject (which is a LONG time when you used to a little prick) in the Gluteus Maximus. She said that the first shot in each cheek is the most painful...causing discomfort for up to THREE days! But thereafter should not be nearly as painful. Overall, not as bad as I thought it would be (however, I may feel differently tomorrow!).

Tonight, momma is going to the Twins game with Stacey, her mom Connie and her friend Rachel. Other than worrying about freezing and my left butt cheek being too sore to sit, I'm super excited (too bad I can't have a beer to warm up!). Now I just hope Jim can get home in time for me to leave at a decent time. Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

No comments: