Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, September 11

Never forget

I wasn't going to say anything until I heard back, but my big activity Thursday afternoon was...an interview! My first in over six years, I think. Thanks for the lead, Leah. It is for a part-time contract marketing position with Haagen Dazs located in downtown Minneapolis. The interview went very well and they said they would be making a decision next week. I don't know how I feel about going back to work, but the extra money would sure come in handy. I've started looking at different day care options and holy cows...it is expensive! If it is meant to be, it will all work out.

Finn can now climb down the stairs fairly well. He is much better at climbing up. He even knows to turn around and go down on his tummy (something that took him a while to figure out even after we kept showing him). I'm so glad we got the gate installed (piece of mind).

A sad day for mommy: yesterday, Finn decided he is too big to sit and eat in the high chair! Yikes! He hasn't been eating well all week (don't worry, I weighed him yesterday and he hasn't lost weight or anything) and has expressed interest in the big chairs. I think this comes from sitting in the mini chairs at ECFE for snack time and also sitting in a booster at auntie Becca's. Anyway, he practically refused to eat lunch yesterday, so I set him down in my chair while I was cleaning his tray off and he reached over and ate the entire bowl of cottage cheese and mixed veggies!
For snack, he had to sit in the chair, too. So when Jim got home from work yesterday, we took a trip to Target and got him a big boy booster seat.
He looks so freakin old sitting in it, but man, does he love it (even if it is still a little short for him). Here, I was hoping to have him in the high chair until baby #2 was old enough to need it. Guess not! He definitely has a mind of his own. Hmmm, wonder where he gets that from?

Daddy has his first home Gopher game today. Go Gophers! Should be perfect football weather...65 degrees and sunny.

As you go through your day today, take time to remember those lost on 9/11/01. We will never forget!

No comments: