Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 1

Melting Pot babysitter

Finn and I took a trip to Ikea yesterday. We are putting shelves up in Finn's room (so we can display all the wonderful things he has gotten) and Ikea had the kind I wanted...floating shelves so you can't see the brackets. The only problem is that in order to fit in the space, I had to get the 7' long ones (the shelves won't be that long, but the next size shorter were too short)! But I checked and they weighed less than Finn, so I was comfortable putting them in the cart and loading them into the car (thank GOD we have the Pacifica!). Uncle John unloaded them for me last night. And now we just have to wait for Sam to have some time to squeeze us in! So excited!

Last night I got to have a girl's night with aunt Kelsie while uncle John babysat! This was a first for Uncle John and from the report I got...everything went smoothly.
I think a lot of books were read and toys played with! Finn has been having troubles with us leaving him when it is at night, so he was crying when we left, so of course I was worried. But uncle John said they started playing with toys and then he was fine. Jim had to leave unexpectedly for work yesterday afternoon, so I'm very grateful John could come over so I didn't have to cancel my plans. Thank you thank you thank you, John!!!

Aunt Kelsie and I went to the Melting Pot in downtown. OMG! It is a fondue restaurant and it was fabulous. We started out with spinach and artichoke cheese fondue, moved on to steak, shrimp and chicken cooked in flavored vegetable broth and then finished with...flaming turtle fondue! It was seriously amazing. We are hoping to take the boys there next month (they have special "couples" nights where you buy one, get one...so it is more reasonably priced). Can't wait!!

Today is our first day of fall ECFE classes. I'm looking forward to it, even if our group from last spring got split up between two classes. I just hope Finn isn't too crabby. Of course, for the last week, he has been wanting to take naps between 11 and 12 instead of 1 and 2...and class starts at 11:15. Oh, well. We'll figure it out. And he needs a bath before class. I left Finn in his high chair with some blackberries last night while I was getting dressed...well, let's just say the blackberries won! I cleaned him as best I could before I left, but they were everywhere. For some reason, John didn't want to give Finn a bath...ha, ha. Baby steps for the rookie babysitter!

And who had the audacity to end summer? I can't believe it is Sept today. Crazy.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

LOVE, LOVE the Melting Pot!