Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 29

Lesson learned

One thing I've learned about vacationing (by yourself) with a toddler...it really isn't about you (and I'm shockingly okay with that)! While on vacation, I am a big believer in sitting by the pool/beach for 6 hours a day, reading, doing puzzles, having the occasional(adult) beverage and napping. Guess what? Didn't happen at all while in Orlando. Finn needs constant attention; well for one reason, so he doesn't drown, for a second reason, he is a kid and wants to play with you and a third reason, he can't walk, so he actually needs help with everything. I guess I will just have to adjust what I consider relaxing while vacationing for a few years until we have teenagers that don't want anything to do with us! Ha. The sad thing, I'm sure we'll be there in a blink of an eye.

Cloudy today and 85% chance of rain! Hoping to get out before it hits. Finn, of course, is still sleeping and it is 10am! Hey, I'd rather have this than a kid who gets up at 6am while on vacation. But I'm going to have to wake him shortly because they are coming to clean the room any second. I think Finn takes after Jim's sleeping habits for sure! Jim's done at Noon today and then he's all ours :)

No comments: