Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 21

Go, go, go

Yesterday morning I had to wake Finn up (you'll remember the late night we had the night before!) to go to Preemie class. This was our first one for the fall...and it is a totally different format than it has been in the past. Finn amazed me with his climbing skills. He climbed unassisted in and out of the ball pit and the crawl tubes...a first for him (that I've seen anyway!). For the first time at an ECFE class, they separated the parents from the kids. I wasn't sure how he would do, BUT they had the moms leave during snack time, so Finn was happily preoccupied with that. The aid said he was the last one still sitting at the snack table! I told her that I was NOT surprised! We have to miss class the next two weeks, but this is the first time this class goes all year long (due to flu/cold season, they used to cancel it during the winter) so we should be able to make plenty of classes.

Here is a snap shot of our weekly schedule:
Monday: Preemie class
Tuesday: weekly EI and PT appt and mom's progesterone shot
Wednesday: ECFE
Thursday: PT
Friday: Mom's bi-weekly ultrasound

Sheesh! How do I have time for another kid?!?! And Finn isn't even in sports yet!

And on that note (i.e. having time for all this stuff), I heard back about the job this morning. She said that I interviewed very well and probably would be able to transition into the position with little to no training, but because their busy season is Jan-March, they have to have somebody available during that time (and this year I obviously won't be!). I am glad I was upfront about being pregnant, even though it cost me the job (it is a contract position, so they CAN factor pregnancy into hiring). She will keep my resume should something open up in the future (everybody says that, but she sounded like she really would like to work with me if it were to work out AND she did take the time to call me to let me know). Overall, I'm glad I went on the interview and at least now, I don't have to figure out daycare for Finn and his little sister! AND I get to be home with him/them more this way. I knew God had a plan and I just trusted it would work out however it was supposed to.

We had our monthly OB appointment yesterday afternoon. Jim's weekly Monday afternoon call was canceled, so he was able to join me. AND my cousin Erica was home from school, so Finn got to go over there to play. He was chanting, "Erica, Erica, Erica" the whole way to her house! She is way cooler and more fun than mom and dad for sure. The OB appt was pretty standard. We talked about the level 2 ultrasound we are having on Friday. I got my seasonal flu shot (compared to the hormone shots, I didn't even feel it!). The baby's heart rate was good (around 141 bpm). She suggested ginger, vitamin B12 and benedryl for my nausea. Oh yeah, I'm having morning sickness (all day) again. I thought it was supposed to go away during the second trimester! We picked up some ginger ale on the way home and that seems to help a little. Next appointment is in 4 weeks, when I'll be 22 weeks along!

No comments: