Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, September 3

Are you ready for some football?

There were only two other kids from our previous class in your ECFE class on Wednesday. I didn't really like the teachers as much as our last one, but I'm trying to keep an open mind...you can't really tell that much from just one class. It is sure different having a room of one year olds "running" around, though. I was impressed that I was able to get both Finn and me fed, bathed and dressed all before class...it was close, though!

Yesterday we picked Erica up on our way to PT. She only has a couple days until school starts! PT went well. We took the seat of Finn's walker off so he has to support all his weight while walking (he had adapted his walking technique so he didn't have to fully stand...too smart for his own good!). It was kind of tricky for him without the seat, but I'm willing to try this if it will help him walk. She also said that his balance has improved a lot...which means within the month, she thinks he will graduated to an "old person" type walker where you have to hold yourself up! This is really good news.

Yesterday, Erica helped me make a photo book (which is funny because she helped me with the one I made for Jim last year, too!). I received a code for a free one, but you had to order it within 24 hours...apparently I had missed the first email they sent to me. After having to reload the pictures and endlessly try to pare the pictures down (it was only 20 pages after all), I sent in the completed book last night just before midnight! Crazy, I know. It is titled, "Finnegan's First Year." Can't wait to get it...in THREE weeks.

The Gophers had their first football game last night, the Vikings had their last pre-season game, the Twins had a regular season game AND I had my fantasy football draft! Yikes...it was a busy night. Mike, Katie and Quinn came over...the boys left us to go watch the Gophers (it wasn't on regular TV). Finn was in bed before the draft started and we kind of forgot to keep an eye on Quinn during...but in our defense, the draft was very intense. When we finished, Quinn was naked and had three bibs on...hmmm. We figure it could have been much worse :) I'm fairly happy with my team, but you just never know until regular season starts...which is next Thursday. I don't know about you, but I'm sure ready for some football!!!

No comments: