Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, August 24

You can't find me

Yesterday before Jim left town for the week (again!), we went to my OB appt. We dropped Finn off at Erica's (which conveniently happens to be about a mile from my Dr's office!) so he could play instead of get bored with us (and then she came back home with us for the day). I had a list of questions like usual, but all of the ones relating to progesterone will need to be directed to the perninatologist next week. Contrary to some comments I've received, there is NO risk to the baby for the extra ultrasounds we'll be having (no radiation, no heat, just sound waves). And Miralax is safe during pregnancy...yay! TMI, I know, but I'm pregnant and can't help it!

We talked about my constant headaches/migraines (this one is going on two weeks now!) and upped my meds to vicodin (from codeine). As long as I'm not taking several doses every day, it is safe during pregnancy and should be more effective for the pain. If not, I'll just go back to codeine. And of course my fingers are crossed that they get better on their own.

We opted against doing the blood test to check for Down Syndrome and Spina Bifida since, if the results come back as unfavorable, the next step would be a level two ultrasound, which we will be having on Monday anyway. She did check for the heartbeat and after literally almost TEN minutes (which she apologized for afterwards), she found it. I was fine for the first several minutes, but then I started to worry a little. The little peanut was hiding from us, way up on the right side of my uterus and kept moving around. The heartbeat was 147 bps which is right where they want it to be. Our next appointment will be in 4 weeks!

No comments: