Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, August 29

Wild weekend

Well, I decided I needed the most help with the guest room, so we worked on that Friday. Man, what would I do without my mom?!?! When she's on a mission, watch out! I went through all my clothes in that closet and got rid of at least two thirds of them (yay me!). Almost everything from the closet found a new home and there isn't much left in the room (well, except the bed and all the office/desk stuff). That will keep for another day! Now I just need to go through Finn's 12 month clothes, find Austin's 18 month clothes and go through and organize all my maternity clothes! Easy, right...

Auntie Kristine and Alex came over for dinner Friday night. I made spare ribs in the crock pot...a first for me. And man, were they good, if I do say so myself. I hate to say how easy they were to make, but they were! Jim had seconds, which is a huge compliment, even though he had his doubts if he would like them. I served them with rice and ceasar pasta salad. I think everybody liked it all, since there wasn't much left of anything (or I didn't make enough...ha,ha!).

Saturday Auntie Becca and Austin came over and we played outside a lot and mom trimmed our massive bush outside our dining room window and hauled away all the branches (with Austin's help of course!). I also made a birthday cake (lemon torte...also a first for me!) for aunt Kelsie and ran and picked up decorations for her birthday party, which was later that night. Grandma took Finn for the night and Jim and I headed over to the birthday party. Even though I couldn't drink (obviously) I had a great time, although we did stay a little too late for this ol' preggo lady! Apparently Jim and John are masters at beer pong...who knew?!?!

Today, Grandma, Finn and I went to church...only to find Auntie Becca and Austin there! What a nice surprise. Finn wasn't terrible, although when it is your kid making the noise, you always think it is worse. We came back and Jim and I made brunch, but Grandma had to leave before breakfast was ready. Thank you, thank you, thank you, mom, for all your help. It is TRULY appreciated. The rest of the day was kind of a lazy, nappy day. Finn has been usually crabby the last couple days...I'm thinking he is either going through a growth spurt (please God!) or he is teething. Bring on the drugs! Memere and Grandpa came for the evening and are spending part of the day tomorrow with us (and kindly watching Finn during our ultrasound!).

Oh, and I didn't mention a very big Happy birthday to aunt Kelsie, which was on Friday (because I had my pregnancy post!). It was the big 3 - 0! Sounds like you had  fabulous birthday weekend, which is all we could ask for. Love you lots and welcome to the thirties!

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

Thank you so much for the birthday cake and celebrating with me!!! And for helping with the party!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! I'm so happy you could be there!!! :) That birthday cake is FANTASTIC!!!! YUM-O!! Thanks Baby T #2 for staying out so late!!! :) Love you too!!!