Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, August 3

Swing away

Holy bananas, it is hot and humid here! It was 85 degrees at 10am and only getting hotter. Yuck. I figured today would be good day to get errands ran earlier rather than later. So once Finn was up and fed, we headed to Costco. I wanted to get some stuff (paper plates, plasticware, snacks, cereal, etc.) for our upcoming camping trip. While Finn's attention span only lasts so long in this store, he LOVES all the samples they give you and wants it no matter what it is! He got spinach and cheese ravioli and peach yogurt today. We also stopped and got a berry smoothie to share on the way out...super yummy!

I've been needing to get my oil changed for, well, two months! The "perform service" light came on last week, so I figured I'd better do something about it. My wonderful husband used to just drop it off on his way to work and I didn't have to worry about it. But with all his traveling, that just wasn't possible. There is a neighborhood service station that I wanted to try simply for the fact that I could drop the car off, walk home and come back when it was done. I finally was able to reach them today and we got right in and it only took 20 minutes! Sweet. Now, hopefully that light won't still be on.

Now we are in for the day. I can't deal with heat like this, especially since it triggers my migraines and I can't take my migraine medicine while pregnant. My friend Jess is coming over for dinner later, which will be a nice break.

Finn's new thing (or the return of an old thing) is hitting me. He did it several months ago, but putting him down and ignoring him three times was all it took to correct it then. He doesn't usually do it to anybody else (and certainly not Jim!), but he gets frustrated or mad at me and swings away. I'm trying to put him down and walk away, but he is older now and seems to just figure out, "Fine, I'll just go play" or something like that. He always hits me when I clean him off after a meal. Today, I just left him in his highchair for several minutes and when I came back to finish wiping him off, he only brought his hand up, but did not hit me. Progress? I don't know. It is frustrating, though.

No comments: