Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, August 31

Super extra good news

Think back to last October-ish time frame and the struggle we had with getting Finn's home health nurse set up to administer his Synegis. Well, this is what I was anticipating with getting my progesterone. However, exactly 24 hours after my appointment, everything is set up! I just got a call from the home health agency and they are over nighting my medicine to me today and one of their nurses will be calling me to administer the shot on Friday (when I am 16 weeks)! AND it is 100% covered by insurance which means no $20 copay every week! If you do the math, 40 weeks minus 16 weeks times $20 per week...that saves us almost $500! Sweet. If you can't tell, I'm very happy and excited.

After our appointment yesterday and after talking to the home health agency, I'm feeling VERY confident that we will be able to "cook" this baby much longer than we did with Finn. I just feel like we are taking measures to prevent it from happening and if something DOES happen, they are watching me so closely that at the very least, they'll be able to keep my water from breaking which means keeping that baby safer longer to keep growing. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I'm a worry wart by nature, so this feels good. Now that being said, all the prayers possible would still be much appreciated!

Daddy showing Finn pictures of his sibling:

I'll be posting the new ultrasound pictures on our picture website soon...hopefully later today!