Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, August 18

Panera's Mac & Cheese

Well the verdict on the Target diapers? Begrudgingly, they aren't bad. I can't justify spending so much more on Pampers Cruisers. I compared yesterday and you get 20 less Pampers for $5 more per box! I guess I'm a convert, even if I am kicking and screaming (and pouting!).

I'm trying to create a family wall in our living room and I needed four frames to complete the look. So we headed to Walmart (they have cheap frames and usually a good selection). I didn't find the frames I wanted BUT we did get the deal of the day (we are big on deals of the day lately!). We got Finn a swim shirt and trunks for this winter for $4 total! The regular price was $14. I was proud of myself considering I've been looking at Target and they never have boys trunks on sale (and last time I looked I couldn't find any, even not on sale!). Finn should be set in the swimwear department at least until next spring! Now I'll just need to find a preggo suit for me for fall/winter swim classes...yuck.

Last night I made Panera's Mac & Cheese. Of course, this is no ordinary mac & cheese. I had to go to three stores to get all the "right" ingredients (Jim insisted on white American and white extra sharp cheddar...which is what the recipe calls for), but I have to say, it was so worth it! Definitely a keeper recipe. Finn did NOT like me cooking last night. I made it before Jim got home, and Finn just wanted me the whole time. Glad I don't have to cook every night! Even Jim said it was really good (consequently, he does love Panera's mac & cheese, which is why I tried this recipe). It will be on the recipe page shortly!

Er-ka (my cousin Erica) came last night to stay for a couple days. She is home alone all day, which is fine because she is old enough, but gets bored and lonely. Finn and I aren't a ball of laughs, but at least we are people to talk to and play with. Finn loves her, so that makes it fun to see them together. School starts in a few weeks, so we'll see how much time we get to spend with her in the meantime!

1 comment:

kborn said...

The suit I have MAY fit you too. I couldn't find any one piece suits, but my cousin sent me an old navy one that i've been using *until recently* when i got too big. I used it in Mexico. Remind me when I see you again!
And walking so cute.
And I was a Target convert at about 1 1/2 or 2 too. Pretty much when we moved back last year. I hated the trips to the store the most so Pampers were our diaper of choice because that's what Diapers.com delivered to us! Shopping in NYC SUCKED!