Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, August 5

Here we go a campin'

I finally broke down and bought a package of Target brand diapers. I tried them when Finn was tiny and HATED them....Pampers Swaddlers all the way. Then I transitioned into Pampers Cruisers, which I LOVE. But I'd heard from a couple people that Target diapers aren't that bad for older kids. Hurmp. Fine, I'll be good and try to save money and give them a try. The verdict is still out, since Finn only used one today and it was barely wet at bed time. I have noticed that I hate the pattern on them because you can see it through their clothes! Whoever designed them was NOT thinking or very bright. Who needs a stupid polka dot pattern all over the diaper anyway?!?!

Finn and I went to his pediatric ophthalmology appointment this morning. We didn't have his regular doctor, which kind of annoyed me because Finn's eyes were supposed to be dilated to test his far-sightedness and this other person/doctor couldn't do it. Oh, well. From what he tested and looked at, he said Finn's eyes are doing well, still far sighted. I asked about Finn's droopy left eye and he said there isn't reason for concern unless it obstructs his pupil (which it doesn't) or if his pupils are different sizes (which I don't think his are). We will have a follow up in 6 months for his eyes to be dilated and tested.

Finn was a little "off" yesterday. He was fine until the afternoon and he just lost it and was inconsolable the rest of the day. He woke up around midnight (which he NEVER does) with a poopy diaper. So I changed him and Jim got him a juice bottle and Tylenol. I wonder if he was a little dehydrated. He had two somewhat loose diapers yesterday and didn't seem to want to drink a lot. He sucked that bottle down. Hopefully that's all it was. I just don't know what to do about this kid and drinking. It seems the only thing he'll drink consistently is straight juice (which I do NOT give him without watering it down). I don't think he had more than two drinks of milk all day. Argh. Maybe we'll go back to a bottle before bed to make sure he is getting at least some liquids.

Well, lots to do today before we leave to go camping. I haven't packed any of our clothes, but have started a pile of things as I think of them. Kristine emailed this very thorough list of things, so that will help when packing. We have PT at 10 and then I'd also like to mow the lawn before we go. Oh, so much to do. Good thing Jim is home today :) Can't wait for camping. Just hope it isn't unbearably hot (or bad weather!).

No comments: