Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, August 11

End in sight

I brought my car in for a service yesterday BY MYSELF! It was so nice, especially since it took an hour and a half. Memere stayed home with Finn, which is such a huge help. Now the car is all better (as it turns out, it just needed the 30,000 mile service). And the other nice thing was that I pulled into the center just as the torrential rain started and it had finished by the time my car was done. Good timing.

The bad thing was that I was fighting a migraine pretty much all day yesterday. It was "easier" because I had help with Finn, but it is so frustrating. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it at my next visit. I took two Tylenol 3's in the AM and it took almost 4 hrs before I started feeling any better at all (and that was after a coke and chocolate, too!). I think the people in the service lounge thought I was going to die or something. Oops! I still have a headache today, but so far, just a headache. Yay!

A big huge super congratulations to aunt Kelsie for finishing school yesterday! Now all she has to do is 6 months of clinicals and pass her boards and she will be gainfully employable! She told me what her title is, but it is long and medical sounding, so I don't remember. The bottom line is she does echocardiograms (ultrasounds) of the heart (correct me if I'm wrong, Kels!). She came over to celebrate with us yesterday and to hang out. NeNe also came over, so it was a party all day long! After work, Jim, Kelsie, John, Memere, Finn and I headed over to Psycho Suzi's...a first for Kelsie, John and Memere. How had they never been there before?!?! A very enjoyable evening. Congrats, Kels!

Jim is gone again...BUT...this is supposed to be his last week traveling to Michigan! I will believe it when I see it, but I do feel like there is a light at the end of the travel tunnel. However, there is a Board Meeting today and you never know how things could get shaken up after that. My fingers are crossed! Oh and we might get to take a family vacation to Orlando in September. Jim is going for work and Finn and I might tag along (Jim only has to work part of the week). We'll see!

1 comment:

Aunt Kelsie said...

THANK YOU!!!! I am so happy I got to celebrate with all of you!! Especially hanging out with Mr. Finnegan!!! Love that kid!!! I sure hope he keeps that shimmy when he picks up a baseball bat!!! LOL!

Psycho Suzi's is soooo fun!!! It's like a little piece of the carribbean in mpls!!! Thanks for bringing me there!

WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!