Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, August 25

Another visitor

My cousin, Gavin (Erica's younger brother) didn't have daycare today, so Angie dropped him off last night and he is spending the day with Finn and me. Finn loves having him around, even if he keeps calling him Austin (or Erica!)! Ha, ha. Gavin is harder for him to say...kind of sounds like GaGa...but I'm sure with practice it will get better. We have a play date this afternoon at the park, so I think it will be good for both boys to get outside in this B-E-A-utiful weather and wear off some energy!

I found out yesterday that we got into our first choice for ECFE! I would have been happy with either our first or second choice...the main difference was time of day. Our class is at 11:15 and the other one is at 9:15. Since my little man likes to sleep in, I would have probably had to wake him up for the earlier class, which wouldn't have been the end of the world. I also like the location better for our class (a little closer and easier to find parking!). Classes start next Wednesday already. Crazy. I haven't heard about the preemie class yet, so I might have to call.

DOTD (Deal of the day!): I just got Finn an art easel from Amazon for less than $15 and free shipping! It was on clearance for 57% off...can't beat that. I thought it would make a nice Christmas present. It is half chalk and half dry erase board (and I figured we could probably clip paper to it for when he wants to draw). Hopefully we'll get a lot of use out of it!

Oh, I forgot to mention that we went to visit the twins yesterday. Finn slept in, of course, so we didn't get there until later than planned, but no big deal. We had time to enjoy the lovely weather and go for a short walk. Lily is ALMOST walking! It is so cute to see, since she is such a little peanut. Juliette is talking up a storm. Love to see their progress. On the "way" home, I stopped to pick up my prescription...and it wasn't ready! A day and a half after my appointment. Argh. So I called and it was ready last night instead. Still, making extra trips is not fun or practical!

No comments: