Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, August 30

And the verdict is...

...inconclusive! Sorry. We told the tech that we didn't want to know if she wasn't 100% sure and the baby was moving around so darn much, that she couldn't be sure. So, we wait two more weeks and find out then! Still earlier than when we found out with Finn.

Other than not finding out the sex, everything looks great. The baby is exactly the right size for how far along we are and my cervix looks fantastic! Yay. They initiated the paperwork for me to get weekly progesterone shots starting next week...and hopefully by a home health nurse. The agency already called me before I left the hospital grounds! Now I call that being on the ball (after the fiasco with Finn's Synergis, I was not holding my breath).

Oh and we scheduled our next next ultrasound (the one after the next one) for the day before we leave for Orlando. The doctor said that as long as things look good, there is no reason why I can't fly. He did ask how long we'll be gone for to make sure it wasn't too long! But I will only be 19 weeks, so there really isn't too much reason for concern at that point (hopefully at least!). Although, with my last pregnancy, I would have said that same thing about being 24 weeks, too!

No comments: