Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, July 12

Whirlwind weekend

Well, our extended weekend was fabulous. I don't really get the chance to spend time like that at my mom's very often, so it was a nice treat. Finn was terrible on the drive out there and eventually just screamed about the last 20 minutes of the trip. I'm so sad because he used to be such a wonderful traveler. I need to "rent" Austin for long car rides to keep Finn busy, I guess! We got to mom's, I handed Finn over (which of course he was fine them because Austin was there!) and I headed to dinner with two of my high school girl friends. We hadn't done this since, well, probably high school, so it was great to catch up. I told mom I'd probably be home around 8:30 and I think we finally closed down the patio around 10 or a little after. Oops!

Friday was a great, relaxing day. It seemed that Finn and Austin didn't get to see each other because as one was going down for a nap, the other would get up and vice versa (Austin had two naps/rests so he could stay up late for the bonfire!). In the afternoon the three of us walked over to my dad's. Austin had a blast climbing on the huge dirt piles. My dad hadn't seen Finn in a really long time, so he kept saying how big he was! Later, after Finn went to bed, we went to the "neighbors up north" (that is what Austin told me!) for a bonfire. It wasn't windy, which was nice for the smoke factor, but not so nice for the buggy factor.

Saturday morning, Austin, Finn, Becky, Grandma, me and Grandma's neighbor Pat, who is a local fire fighter took a trip over to the Murdock fire station. The boys loved it (although I don't know how much Finn really understood). He loved the flashing lights of course. Jim got to town around Noon and we headed over to Benson for the Smith family reunion (my mom's dad's family). There wasn't nearly as many people there this year as there have been in the past, but I guess it was a different weekend than normal or something. My grandpa is one of 12 kids and his offspring made up the biggest presense for sure. We came back to mom's when it was over and then took mom out to dinner for her birthday (which was on Sunday...Happy Birthday, Mom!). People from the reunion were going to gather back there in the evening for a huge bonfire and I toyed with the idea of going (plus, Becky, Pete and Austin were tenting there and it would have been nice to spend some time with them). Well, as it turned out, that was NOT in the cards. Just as we got home from dinner, the skies opened and the storm of all storms rained down on us. The wind was so loud, it sounded like constant thunder. Mom said they got 2.5 inches in a matter of an hour or a little more. Crazy. Thanksfully, no storm damage, though. Needless to say, we didn't head back over to Benson for any bonfires! And Becky, Pete and Austin survived (Austin has been obessed with tornadoes, so he was very concerned about one!).

Sunday, we got up intending to go to church with my grandma (and the WHOLE gang), but little Mr. Finnegan was hot to the touch (I didn't have a baby thermometer to check his temp for sure), whiney and clingy. He got up at 8:45, ate some yogurt and baby cereal, then Finn went back to bed at 9:30 and slept until 11:45...don't get me wrong, he likes to sleep, but that is a bit much even for him. Since we would have had to leave at 9:30 for church, Jim and I stayed back and waited for Finn to wake up. After church all of my cousins, aunts and uncles went over to my grandma's house (mom's mom) to celebrate her 80th birthday party. We managed to get there, just a little late. All of my mom's eight siblings were there and all but three or so cousins were there (which is really good considering there is 20 of us, I think). Then you add on great grand children and spouses and there was an entire backyard full of people. So good to see everybody, even if Finn was crabby, whiney and clingy the whole time.

We headed out a little early to get Finn home and so we could have some family time at home before Jim has to head back to Michigan (two weeks down, hopefully only two more to go!).

Pictures to come, I didn't take a ton with my camera, so I'm going to have to get them from Becky and mom. Thanks for the hospitality, mom!

No comments: