Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, July 20

Trucks everywhere

Finn woke up yesterday with a little runny nose. I don't think it is anything serious as he has no other symptoms and is in good spirits. Anyway, I decided to suction his nose to get as much out as I could (which wasn't a lot). In the past, this has been a difficult task. He would push my hands away, cry and turn his head. Keeping in mind that it has been a long time since he's needed it (thankfully!), this time, he LAUGHED! Kids are so unpredictable. Must have tickled his nose or something. All day, he would breath in and out from his nose and smile...because it sounded funny! Man, I love this kid. He keeps me laughing and on my toes all day.

Finn's new thing is TRUCKS! He LOVES trucks. He hasn't figured out subcategories yet, so anything that moves or looks like it could move is a truck (other than cars usually!). Because the Lowry bridge is closed, all the traffic now goes by our house, which include a lot of semis. His favorite thing to do is sit on the front steps and point to all the trucks and say, "Truck. Bye bye truck." So cute! If we are inside and he hears a truck go by, he will say "truck." Hey, it is better than "catch it?" all day like he used to do and sometimes still does! He got two trucks for his birthday, which are now his favorite toys. He is all boy for sure!

On a pregnancy note, I think my morning sickness is abating (knock on wood). Now that I say that, I will be sick all day again! I still gag when I brush my teeth, but it seems less severe during the day. But to balance that out, I feel a lot more tired. Luckily, I can rest or nap when Finn takes his afternoon nap, so I've been feeling pretty good. The scale says I haven't gained any weight, but man, my body is shifting and changing! I am for sure going to show earlier this time than I did with Finn.

No comments: