Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, July 18

Momma's back

I had a wonderful weekend. I attended the 1st Annual Smith Lake Girls' Weekend with my friend Stacey (far right), her mom, Connie (in yellow) and her friend, Jackie (in black).
Seriously, I didn't realize how much I needed a weekend exactly like this! It was perfect. It was so relaxing that some of the details are a blur, but we got up to Connie's "camper" (near Alexandria, MN) Friday night and headed out to dinner. I say "camper" because it is more like a home, but I wasn't complaining! The restaurant (Weston Station, I think), was in an old railroad car! So cool. And had really good food and drink (I had Dr. Pepper...poor me because I needed something stronger after the afternoon I had!). Then we went back and had a wonderful bonfire until far too late into the night (or morning!).

Saturday, Connie made a ridiculously good breakfast which kept us full until late afternoon (preggers had to snack frequently to keep from getting nauseous, but that doesn't mean I was hungry!). Stacey and I headed into Osakis (rivals of mine in high school, so it was tough to like the town!) to the Meat Market (to get steak, not to check out the local hotties!). There were "Famish" people across the street. Famish means "fake Amish." They had a buggy pulled up and they were celling quilts and what not...with an SUV parked right next to it and no horse to pull the buggy. Hmmm... We think they probably have tattos, dance and watch TV! So scandalous.

Then we laid around in the sun and read smutty celebrity magazines, which are my favorite! I, of course, had to take a nap, but I guess everybody ended up taking one, too! The weather was unpredictable, so we didn't dare go out on the boat. Connie made an absolutely fabulous dinner! She made dates stuffed with Gruyere cheese and wrapped in bacon (so supper yummy!) for an appetizer, Stacey made caprese salad (one of my all time favs!) and Connie grilled twice baked potatoes and bacon wrapped filet mignon. Can you say, "Food comma?!?!" Like I said, the weather kept changing, so we stayed in and watched a girly movie (Sliding Doors with Gweneth Paltrow). It was good. And then we hit the hay "early" like around 11:30.

We got up this morning and went to the Corral for breakfast to get the full Douglas County experience. It was quite the experience, but had good food, too. There was an 8 year old (give or take) boy without shoes on in the restaurant running around! I seriously had never seen that before. It was even ruder when they got up to leave and then the kid put his shoes on. At least we had assumed before that he just didn't have any. Unbelievable. We went back to the camper and even though it was a little windy, went out for a boat ride. LOVE that. Then it was time to head home. It went so fast, but it was just wonderful. My battery is recharged and my cup is full.

Before I left on Friday, auntie NaeNae came over to cut Finn's hair, which I really appreciated. Hey, she got a huge Red Velvet Cake and a loaf of homemade bread for her troubles and some Finn/Austin time, so I don't think she minded too much. And Finn said "NaeNae" twice, not sure if she heard or not, though!

Becky graciously watched Finn today after Jim left for Michigan. I got there to pick him up around 5pm and after checking me out when I first walked in, Finn was like, "whatever!" and Austin wasn't even there! I'd forgotten he'd gotten a hair cut, so he of course looked so much older. He was talking a mile a minute, I'm sure telling me all about the fun he had with daddy and auntie Becca and Pete. I must seem so boring after all that fun.

I missed my boys, but the weekend was exactly what I needed. Now I'm just hoping I will be able to go to the 2nd Annual Smith Lake Girls' Weekend next year when I have a baby, too! Better get it on my calendar now :)

No comments: