Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, July 28

He passed!

Finn and I went to his follow up audiology appointment for his hearing test this morning...and he passed! The audiologist said she has no concerns about his hearing at this point as he passed well within the normal hearing limits. Yay! While we suspected it was a flaw in the test and that Finn's hearing was actually fine, it is one less thing to have to worry about. We have a follow up appointment in October for Finn's tubes so we can discuss any concerns his surgeon has at that point.

We had a casualty in last night's storm...my tomato plant! It tipped it over and the remaining two (very green) tomatoes fell off (the first one that fell off was the smallest and fell off in a previous storm). I'm really bummed because I don't see any more growing which means I'm not going to get even ONE tomato from it. Boo, boo, boo! Thanks mom for trying to get me fresh tomatoes...guess I need to tie it to the deck next time so it doesn't blow over.

I went to bed last night with a headache, but didn't think much of it (when they aren't really bad, I can sometimes sleep them off). Well, it had developed into a full blown migraine by 4:30am, so I got up and took Tylenol (oh, big whoopee!) hoping it would go away by the time I had to get up. Nope, and I had to get up early for Finn's appointment. I decided I would have a can of coke and a Butterfinger for breakfast. Now, normally I would NEVER eat this way, especially when I'm pregnant, but I couldn't have any more Tylenol until 8:30 and I needed to be able to drive to Finn's appointment. I hoped the caffeine, sugar and chocolate would help...and it did! I still have a headache, but it is much better and manageable. I think when Finn lays down, I'm going to take some codeine and lay down, too. Oh, on days like this, I really miss having a regular job that I can go home early from and just sleep all day!

No comments: