Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, July 8

Bottles are for the weak

Yesterday, Finn's EI team came for their visit. I talked to Finn's teacher about his emotional attachments. After seeing other kids interact with their parents last Saturday, I was having some concerns about Finn. He just doesn't show affection like they did and doesn't really seem to get comfort from Jim or me. His teacher said she has ZERO concerns about Finn emotionally or with his attachments. She said that he has an independent personality (something we have nurtured since he came home from the hospital...our blessing and our curse, I guess!) and clearly has a normal, healthy attachment to us (she said when it isn't normal, it is VERY obvious). Well, I guess feel better! Better to ask the question than to wonder.

We are bottle free! With the except of one night last week, Finn has not had a bottle in at least a month! I still have them out on the counter, waiting to be used, but we haven't needed them. It is SO nice not having to wash them all the time (of course it didn't help that I only had three!). With sippy cups, I can just use them and then throw them in the dishwasher. Love it. I'm surprised I'm not sad about being done with the bottles, but I guess it was time. Now if only Finn would drink more milk from a cup, things would be wonderful!

We are off to Grandma's house this afternoon (i.e. get to see Austin!) for a long weekend without access to the internet (I know, can you believe some people still don't have internet at their home...ha, ha!). I'm having dinner with some girlfriends from high school tonight, we're hopefully seeing Grandpa "Egg" (my dad...Greg) tomorrow at some point, a neighborhood bonfire in the evening, family reunion on Saturday and my Grandma's 80th birthday party on Sunday. Whew. Hope we survive! Jim is meeting us in Murdock either late Friday night after his flight gets in or Saturday some time.

3 comments:

Jessica Hislop said...

Hey I had a grandma "egg" (Ag short for Agnes) when I was a kid. Funny. Had forgotten about that!

Stacy Thomas said...

Oh, that is funny. Austin has a Grandpa Ed on his dad's side, so I think he just combined Greg and Ed to make Egg. My dad loves it.

kborn said...

Have fun! walker, what a joy! Q just used toys and pushed them around our house in NY...we'll see what this kiddo does some day. As far as Saturday at the party, BE GLAD Finn is independent! He definitely knew you and Jim vs everyone else and when kids are exhausted and without a normal nap, they'll be disliking of everyone! :) Q still has yet to tell us unprompted that she loves us...but we know she does! Eh, hope the wkd was good! We'll miss you at the beach!