Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, June 15

Role reversal

Wow, what a busy few days! Friday night, Jim had to work really late, so Finn and I went over to auntie Kristine's for Becky and Alex's birthday dinner by ourselves. The food was great and we even got to have a bonfire. We got home around 10:30pm and still beat daddy home from work. Boo.

Saturday morning, we got up, packed and headed to Oville. Jim's grandparents are in Oville for a couple weeks before heading back to Washington, so we thought it would be nice to see them one more time before they left. Finn was SO naughty on the way there, that by the time we got to Oville, we had decided we were going to leave him there! I don't know what his deal was.Finn got to visit with Granny again (his great great grandma) and even sat on her lap...although I'm sure the chips he was being fed helped a lot in that department! Saturday night, Memere stayed home with Finn so Jim and I could watch John's baseball game. It was a tough loss (in extra innings!) and it was COLD! Afterwards, John, Kelsie, Jim, Ron and I headed up to the VFW. I wasn't planning on drinking...two beers and so many shots that I don't remember later, we were huddled around the dining room table back at their house making up our own version of the game "The Game of Things." And bed didn't happen until some time after 4am! What were we thinking?!?!

Jim, Finn and I actually got up and went to church on Sunday morning. I couldn't believe it. Lynn was preaching and I know Jim likes to go when she is. Finn was pretty good. We came armed with snacks and yogurt AND it is a small congregation, so I wasn't too worried about him "bothering" people. Sunday afternoon we went to John's baseball game (a win!) and then headed home (with Finn, decided it wouldn't be wise to just leave your son, even if it is at Memere's house!). He was a little better on the way back, but not much. I'm so sad...he used to be so good on long trips.

Yesterday, aunt Kelsie wasn't feeling well, so Finn and I went over to keep her company. I think Finn was probably the best medicine for her anyway! I forgot to bring KeeKee (Finn's blanket) so he didn't sleep well, but he did nap a little. He loved playing with the "toys" at aunt Kelsie's house...a jar of leather protector, tea candles (unlit of course!) and some bracelets! I finally got to watch the movie New Moon, so I was happy about that (although, Finn never stops talking or making noise, so I'm not sure how much I actually heard...good thing I'd read the book and generally knew what was going on!).

No comments: