Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, June 19

Mommy's night out

We got to play with Austin again yesterday. I'm so glad I get to watch him every Friday so we get to spend time with him at least once a week! I decided I wanted to check out the Farmer's Market on Lyndale. I had never been there before and I missed going to the Farmer's Market (from when I worked in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul). I packed the boys up and we went. Okay, week days are CLEARLY the time to go. We got front row parking, which is always a plus when children are involved. We walked in, found what we came for and left. It took maybe 30 minutes total. Now keep in mind, I'm sure they have a ton more vendors and selection on the weekend, but I've heard it is a total zoo, too. We got flowers for daddy for Father's Day and some cherries, which were super good.

In the afternoon, Finn had PT. What a naughty boy! Melissa, our PT, said, "Wow, this is a side of his personality I haven't seen before!" A nice way of saying, "Wow, he is being really naughty today!" At least it isn't a regular occurance. It could have been his super short nap beforehand, he hadn't had lunch (but had breakfast not long before) and Austin was there to distract him from what Melissa wanted him to do. That being said, Finn is pulling up to standing (while holding on of course)! He did it yesterday AM on my knee (I was paying attention to Austin and Finn just did it all by himself). I mentioned it to Melissa and Finn did it again for her, too! Yay. He has been pulling up to tall kneeling for a while, but not to his feet. Another baby step.

Last night, mommy got a night out! It was much needed and super wonderful. Becky, Kristine and I went to Panera for dinner. This is a place I love, but Jim doesn't, so the only time I get to go is with my sisters and my friend Amanda! Then we did a little shopping at Rosedale, drinks at Granite City (cosmos!) and we went to Sex and the City 2. Good movie, I didn't like it as much as the first, but it was still good. Thanks for the fun night out, ladies!

Jim said that while I was gone, Finn cruised along the entire length of the couch UNASSISTED! This is huge. Finn normally hates moving to the side because he has a hard time balancing (or maybe supporting his weight?) while picking up his foot. The motivation? Snacks, of course! I wish Jim had video taped it. I guess that is what I get for leaving Finn for an evening ;)

No comments: