Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, June 23

How to plant flowers

Finn and I went over to Psycho Suzi's last night with my friend Ryan for a little happy hour and dinner. AND Jim was able to leave work a little early and meet us there, too! It was a little hot (they have an outside patio which is where we sat), but it was nice to be out. Finn did really well for the first hour or so, but then started getting ornry. To his credit, he didn't get an afternoon nap, so he was for sure tired. Oh, well. I brought Finn home to get ready for bed and Ryan and Jim stopped at Jaro's for a greenie!

Finn's EI teacher and PT came over today. Man, did we have a lot to talk about! Finn has really done a lot in the last two and a half weeks. I kept saying, "Oh and Finn did this. And he started doing that. Etc." I did mention the cylinder in the hole and she said that is a skill normally learned between 14-16 months. There were several things she asked if he was doing and he was testing between 15-22 months on most of them! Hey, for what he lacks physically, he makes up for mentally! I'll take it. Jane, the PT, was very pleased with Finn physically. He is pulling up to standing while holding on (if it is low enough), he crawls all over for extended amounts of time and before she left, she worked on climbing up stairs, which he did once with her limited helps. Not too sure I WANT him to figure out how to climb stairs, but it is a necessary evil! Overall it was a GREAT appointment. Wonder what he will be doing in two weeks at our next visit?

We have a planter box that affixes to the front of our porch. It was there when we bought the house and never had any flowers in it since! So, I had the grand idea to branch out and attempt to plant/pot some flowers in it. Keep in mind that #1 this idea was two or three months ago and #2 I've never planted flowers before! Well, Finn and I went to Home Depot on Monday and I finally got stuff for it.
Potting soil, pot and flowers (no trowel, oops!). I didn't know what kind of flower I wanted except I wanted color and tolerable to full sun. So I got special brand of petunias that prefer sun to shade. Perfect. I read the potting soil bag and did what it told me to do (nothing like planning ahead). And it worked (I hope!).They are potted and not dead yet, so I'll take it! Yay me! Now I just have to keep them watered, but not water them too much. Oh and Finn helped by sitting on the (very long!) grass and pulling apart leaves (at least he didn't get into the potting soil!).

No comments: