Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, June 10

Here piggy piggy

Finn has a new favorite food (much to my dismay).

Yup, hot & spicy pork rinds (thank you very much, daddy!). Jim was craving them one night for some reason, so he went out to get a bag. Finn insisted on having one when Jim got back. We thought, "Fine. He won't like it, they are super spicy." WRONG! He ate half the bag that night and then demanded to eat the rest the next day for lunch. Man, that kid really will eat anything!

Yesterday, Finn and I had a play date at a park with our old ECFE group of friends. It was great to get out and see them again (I know it had only been a week, but you get used to these kids!). The weather was kind of weird...cool, then hot, cloudy than super sunny! Finn had a great time and slept until almost 7pm afterwards! We are hoping to make this a weekly get together, which will be nice for the summer. And we found a GREAT park! It is the North Mississippi Regional Park off at 94 at 49th. LOVED it! Gotta bring the swim suit next time, though.

Also, happy anniversaries to both of my grandparents! Grandma and Grandpa Walsh's was yesterday (58 years maybe?) and Grandma and Grandpa Smith's is today (61 years, I think). I'm sure one of my lovely aunts will correct me if I'm wrong ;) If, I mean when Jim and I make it that long, we'll be almost 90! Crazy. Congratulations and love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, at the risk of sounding like a broken record---he is THE CUTEST KID--I have just shown everyone at my office these photos and they agree. Now, working in a cardiology clinic prompts me to say--watch out for the fat and salt in those pork rinds, curds---he is developing quite a taste for things--comes by this naturally. Love you all :)
DeAnn

Stacy Thomas said...

Ha, ha! That is awesome, DeAnn (your warning). You know who you can blame for Finn's affinity for salt and fat! And it isn't me ;) Don't worry, I make sure he eats TONS of fruits and veggies :)

Anonymous said...

I know you do Stacy--this was more of a gentle reminder for my nephew with atrial fibrillation :)

DeAnn
sorry if this posts twice--i didn't think it took it the first time but might be worthy of 2 posts anyway