Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, June 9

Dentist and suckers

Wow, things seem to be slowing down a bit, which is fine with me. We no longer have ECFE and while we still have PT twice a week, the EI team is on break for a couple weeks between regular and summer sessions. Finn and I went for a walk on Monday to a neighborhood park. I wanted to experiment with Finn and the sand. It went well! He actually seemed to like it and played with it and of course, managed to make a mess and get dirty. That is what little boys (okay, any little kids!) are supposed to do. He tried eating it a few times, but I told him "no." We'll see if that sticks!

Then the two of us went over to auntie Becca's to help celebrate her birthday (daddy had basketball and couldn't join us). Becky, Austin, Pete, Finn and I went to Red Lobster. Yumm-O! One of my favs (and Becky's, too, of course!). Finn ate at least one and a half cheddar bay biscuits! We hope auntie had a great birthday and were glad we got to celebrate with her. We are having a birthday dinner on Friday for Becky and Alex...so technically we get to celebrate twice!

Yesterday was rainy, dreary and kind of quiet. I had a dentist cleaning appointment in the morning. All is well. She even said she is surprised I don't floss because of the lack of build up on my teeth. Maybe next time I will just tell them I floss so they don't give me the third degree! Um, hello!! I've been going to the dentist for almost 30 years...I GET that I'm supposed to floss. I don't. Deal with it! (hee, hee)

The perfect compliment to my dentist appointment: Finn found, unwrapped and ate his first sucker (rootbeer flavored, I think)! Litte bugger. I was next to him the whole time, so he was safe, but he managed to make quite the sticky mess. I saw him open it and play with it for a while. I honestly didn't think he would put it in his mouth...but of course he did. Most of it was still left, but when he handed it to me, I took the opportunity to take it and clean him up!

No comments: